Who Is Gonna Be Brave And Release Over Xmas?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by spicedbeangames, Oct 14, 2016.

1. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Given the news today that Mario Run already has 20m people pre-registered - are any Buildboxers going to be brave enough to release any games over the festive period on iOS?

Personally, Trump vs Zombies maybe my only iOS release with other games heading to Android markets.

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I will.

spicedbeangames likes this.
  3. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

yes i'm going the release my new game on dec ,

i don't think super mario game will make any difference , people are publishing amazing games every week ,

4. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

Me too!

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

It is not only Super Mario but also Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and all other big players from Apps and Games who will push aggressively. It is almost impossible to get noticed. My suggestion is to publish at the end of November or the very beginning of December. So you are a little early to the party but if your app tops the charts you have at least a chance to stay there. If you release during the holidays there won't be even features of New Games we Love. So you are literally throwing your game in the garbage bin.

6. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Of course, its the biggest time of the year for installs, Kids get new phones for christmas, holidays = highest traffic through the app stores.
    You may not get a feature, but you have to be in it to win it they say. Kids will be searching for new games to play to cure holiday boredom.