Which Store is more promising?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by sysads, Apr 4, 2016.

1. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

I have been thinking about releasing games in either Windows Store or Amazon and was wondering which of these two looks more promising and easy to publish games with?

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Not sure if Windows Store is a good platform for us. Microsoft is pretty much behind everyone in mobile platform and whoever has Windows will just be just fine with custom distribution I guess.

Btw I am not an Android guy but Kindle Fire can only use Amazon Store to download apps?

4. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

I haven't used Windows. I've done pretty ok on Amazon. However, like Google, it can be a real chore trying to get things done or bash any kind of common sense when something goes wrong.

As a developer, you also have no way of responding to consumers or replying to any positive or negative feedback. I was planning on using BB to update my most successful game on their store which has had almost 100k in downloads since launching in Feb 2014 but for whatever reason, I can't generate a working apk file.

The process of publishing on Amazon is very straight forward and not as dreadful as Apples

5. stenturk

stenturk Boxer

I always and still am a google guy. But why not all platforms or at least two?

The games I will be publishing will be on google and ios