Which Ad Service Does Voodoo Use In Their Games? I Have Successfully Blocked It.

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by jmiller8031, Mar 4, 2018.

1. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

Not intentionally. Honestly, I just thought Voodoo was more laid back with ad frequency than other publishers and never paid much attention to it. It turns out my router just blocks their ad service completely. Every Voodoo game I play at home, I can't even watch an ad if I try. I don't even get mid-game popups to watch an ad to get a second chance when I die. It's completely skipped over. I only discovered this because I was out one day and happen to open one of their games and was bombarded by ads.

Considering I want to make money, I'd like to avoid this myself. I wonder how many missed revenue opportunities Voodoo has daily because of this. The router I have is an Eero and I subscribe to the Eero Plus service that has a built in ad blocking service. I didn't think it worked on mobile games, but apparently it can. It definitely doesn't work on Ketchapp or any other popular publisher's games, just Voodoo. Do you know what they use for ads?

Christoph likes this.
  2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I think it's Mopub. But they might have some kind of mix or even own setup. Not sure. Very strange indeed that your router blocks only them. Thanks for sharing this find.