What Program/app To Use For Customizing Characters, Backgrounds, Etc. For Game Design On Macbook

Discussion in 'Gameplay' started by princeofkicks, Aug 19, 2016.

1. princeofkicks

princeofkicks Boxer

Hey guys I'm fairly new to buildbox and I started making my first game with a complete generic design using pixelmator because I've seen someone recommending it and I think it was the creator of color switch so I went ahead and purchased it. I honestly can't create customized characters and backgrounds that well on it because It comes out looking really unprofessional and sloppy. I just want to know how do you guys create custom characters and backgrounds on computer. Im pretty creative and artistic so I want to incorporate that with my mac and I have no idea how. I'm not trying to bash pixelmator or anyone I'm just trying to understand how others achieve this. Thank you for the help!

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

i use photoshop

3. anthony_williamson

anthony_williamson Boxer

Have you Googled tutorials on 2d game design in general, and Pixelmator tutorials specifically? That's where I would start. This guy has a ton of tutorials: http://cartoonsmart.com/

I use Photoshop and Illustrator for designing game assets, and After Effects when I need something extra. But I've been working with these tools for well over a decade. I doubt I could open Pixelmator for the first time and even come close to the level of professionalism I'm accustomed to.

heathclose likes this.
  4. doylepat

doylepat Boxer