What Is The Best Way To Import Obj Files To Bb3

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by StradMan, Mar 8, 2021.

1. StradMan

StradMan Boxer

hello everyone, this is driving me crazy, im looking up how to import obj files but it leads to 100 directions and can't get any to work, issue with exceeding limit when i try to import or unable to add texture.
    i tried a blender tutorial where you have to open 3 windows but it did not work, it would not bake...
    why is this process so complicated.

what's the best was? please help

2. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Hi,
    To import 3D objects into Buildbox, you can simply grab the file and drag it into Buildbox. I recommend using low - mid poly 3D objects.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  3. StradMan

StradMan Boxer

what I mean is when you download .obj files from other websites it does not come with the .png texture.

4. StradMan

StradMan Boxer

I was looking to see what was the best tutorial to follow that allows you to
    resize it and export it with a .png texture.
    thanks

5. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

For ,obj file, you must find #D objects that will also provide the .png file.
    3D objects that are in .fbx format will import with the texture if it has been baked, if not, you must also find objects that supply the png texture file as well.

6. StradMan

StradMan Boxer

I have been using buildbox for a while know and this is so complicated and there is no clear tutorial. buildbox expects new users to use asset library to be rejected by the app store. I have downloaded dozens of obj files but none provide the png mesh.
    this is why im asking for some good tutorials.

7. wmfear

wmfear Avid Boxer

It’s really not complicated as long as you make sure there are texture files that go along with your models.

i’ve purchased models from several sites, and have no problem importing them into BB and then applying the included texture file.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021