"wall Jump" - How To Make Jump Speed Higher? Help

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by ZeRaphael, May 9, 2018.

1. ZeRaphael

ZeRaphael Boxer

I have a freshly opened "Wall Jump" Gameplay type chosen (Im new to Buildbox, but have coded in GMS for 3 years now). So, my question is, when the ball character is jumping between the solid walls, i want it to jump faster, but without making the scrolling (time warp obviously) faster. Same scrolling speed, just more movingspeed. I hope this is possible to set somehow, else i am forced to not use Buildbox for my projects since that would be extremly limiting.

Thank you ahead !

2. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

Go to character advanced move and make the linear velocity higher I think it’s in the preset 100 or so you can also increase max speed in character gameplay setting play with this two and see what fit your gameplay better.

3. ZeRaphael

ZeRaphael Boxer

Well, thank you, for your fast reply, but when i set for example the max speed to 999.999, and linear velocity to 399 (L: -399 , R: 399), the moment i press on the screen, the character slows down, ca. to 20 - 30 speed, and starts getting faster again. Also, even i give 399 speed, he doesnt go that fast, even tough ive set max speed to 999.999. Somehow, he sets a limit somewhere. I would really apreciate it if you could help me with this issue. (Ive also tried different values, but same result)
    Have a nice day!

4. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

You won’t find the good value until you try many times how about to download the game serie in buildbox website it has tutorial for the same gameplay it called glitch if you need paid help contact me.

Last edited: May 10, 2018