URGENT: Facing issue with heyzap Android mediation SDK

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by ctnwh, Dec 11, 2015.

1. ctnwh

ctnwh Boxer

Hi ,
    I am developing a new game for android in which i have used heyzap mediation. I have selected Admob & Chartboost as a 3rd party SDK's and followed the entire documentation available at the heyzap website for android integration. the only place where i am now stuck is from where should i Initialize the heyzap sdK (Step 6) but unable to figure that out.

I have also tried following this video tutorial
    yet, the clarity on where do i put the code in "step 6" is not there.

Can anyone help on how to initialize the Heyzap SDK using eclipse & suggest what does root activity means in the below screenshot?

upload_2015-12-12_12-42-16.png

Anticipating a quick revert.

Thanks in advance!!

2. todro

todro Avid Boxer

Hi,

root activity should be your program entry module. In a C program it would be the funktion main(), in the Android export I would try ../android/jni/main.cpp.

There is a function Java_com_secrethq_.....loadModelController

Try putting the ad initialization at the end of the function as a new line , right after the PTLog line and before the closing }

If this doesn't work, try putting it at the end of the init part of function ....Cocos2dxRenderer_nativeInit
    right after mc->clean();

Or try adding it after CCDirector::sharedDirector... in the ELSE part of this IF condition statement

3. wawangjan

wawangjan Boxer

Sir i really need your help. i been searching for 5 hours until now my ads is not showing :(
    I been stock of adding ads on my game.

4. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

You don't need to do this Buildbox already does this for you. Just add the frameworks and check your AndroidManifest

5. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

1. Did you set Heyzap to show as interstitial or banner on your scene?
    2. Did you setup the ad networks correctly in the Heyzap dashboard?

6. wawangjan

wawangjan Boxer

Thank you sir am so glad that your still online.
    1. Yes i only use Heyzap i add the pub id on it then export to android.
    2. Yes

My question if your'e going to use only one network and its heyza what is the process on it? Just add the pub ID then generate to apk?
    Already set-up everything but when in time that i need to add the code on android manifest i really don't have any idea.

7. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

You don't need to add any code if you just use only one network. Only if you add extra SDKs like Unity to your project.

8. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

How are you showing ads? every 4th death or do you have a banner? etc

9. wawangjan

wawangjan Boxer

This is what i did.

On advertising Menu i put my publisher Id and then head over to menu editor then select Heyzap for Interstitial and Heyzap for the banner both frequency is 1. All menu Ads setting is the same except for START - MAIN MENU - GAMEPLAY no ads. After that i head over export and choose android save it to desktop, Now i open Android Studio and add existing project after that head over to Android Manifest and check it and heyzap code is the only one is on color so i build and generate APK. But no Luck. Sometimes the app is crashing and didn't see any ads on every menu. btw i use google playstore on application store.

Hopefully you guys understand.

>>> Newbie <<<

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  10. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

ok for one thing you won't see any banners with just heyzap you will need Admob or Facebook setup.

The Menu Editor which scene did you select Heyzap to show an ad?

11. wawangjan

wawangjan Boxer

I add on Shop,Pause,info,game over,end screen. Same settings.
    [​IMG]

And how to set-up for admob? do i need to add a source code or add pub id or ad id? Already grant access for admob and its shows green circle.

12. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

Ok that should work.. you should contact support they can help you

13. wawangjan

wawangjan Boxer

Thank you ill try to install admob using heyzap mediation can you help me how to set-up or its just the same.

14. wawangjan

wawangjan Boxer

Already Contact Support but i think they can't fix this because Buildbox does not support HeyZap mediation.

15. wawangjan

wawangjan Boxer

Or maybe Android Studio not working on heyzap integration. Going to test on Eclipse

16. Mora

Mora Boxer

any new tutorial on how to setup heyzap for chartboost video rewards (android)? all the youtube tutorial is more than 1 year old... its not up to date. Help anyone

17. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

18. Mora

Mora Boxer

Thanks but link 1 I already go through many times and I dont know what step 6 is.. and I'm not the only one who have problem on step six.
    and your link no 2 look helpful but I'm looking for heyzap only on android(eclipse) not apple(Xcode)

I actually not facing problem on banner or interstitial... I only want to have that reward video to work

but thanks anyway.

19. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

You don't need to do Step 6 that's already done. Stop at Step 5. Your rewarded video will work just make sure to setup the Heyzap backend with your preferred networks. You should at least see Heyzap rewarded videos. If not then you didn't setup your video button correctly in BB.

20. Mora

Mora Boxer

Hello Mr. Aaron F.. what happen if I dont follow all the instruction? not step 4 not step 5 or step 6 I just SKIP all the step from the following link
    https://developers.heyzap.com/docs/android_sdk_setup_and_requirements
    I just put my heyzap ID and chartboost ID and chartboost signature into the buildbox under /project setting/advertisements.

and export to android. and from eclipse I just fix the "playheven" error and after that I test it on my Droit4x emulator. everything works just fine on the emulator... the watch video to unlock character works just fine . .... the watch video to continue game also works just fine... I mean.... are my game ready for upload? and why is it working without following all the tutorial from the link above? am I in the right path if I dont do all the step but manage to get the video reward works?