Upgrade And Saving Actions Problem

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Matthew Denton, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Matthew Denton

Matthew Denton Boxer

Hi, so first I just want to explain how my game functioned so that you can better understand my issue. I had a game where the character was a tree in the middle. Every 30 seconds, rain would drop from above, the rain gave the character upgrade points (coins). In a menu I had various upgrade paths that were purchasable actions (new leaves that generated upgrade points, plant at the side of the tree which damaged enemies etc). I also had enemies coming in at certain intervals, (these were set outside the frame with spawners, I made a destroy enemy object that went down slowly that destroyed their spawnings straight away) and all of this was working fine.

However the issue is with saving the game (I have a save button at the top that players press to set checkpoint/save). Even when I save, when I go back to reload it it only loads the scene from the beggining and all purchasable actions are gone. Is there no way to 'save state' and have the player load the game with all of their upgrades and enemies exactly how it was when they last saved? I can't make the upgrades character upgrades as I can't stack the upgrades however the player chooses it. I know this is a complex question so thanks for your time if you read this.

2. Matthew Denton

Matthew Denton Boxer

Anyone got an answer?