Unanswered Questions

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by tysonwills, Oct 20, 2016.

1. tysonwills

tysonwills Boxer

Hi all
    I have asked these questions a number of times and no-one seems to know the answer so im not sure if these actions can be done.
    I need 2 actions for game mechanics.
    1. is it possible to make a spaceship thrust action as per the game asteroids where you control the craft by thrusting.
    2. can you make enemies that bounce around the screen like a balloon etc.
    Please can someone help as these have been causing me so much headache trying to figure out.
    Any demo bbdoc files would be amazing.
    Cheers Guys

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Not sure really. The thing with Buildbox is that you have to play around with the settings which includes how the character moves/behaves and the actual game worlds gravity to get the desired effects. Trey said last night on FB that new presets were coming monthly so maybe something like that will be included.

3. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

Can you explain more and please don't spam other threads there is a lot of members here if they know they will help you for sure about you problems if you want to figure out thing in build box you need to experience it yourself don't try to find easy answers you need to learn it hard to be experienced in the software so you can know what you can do with and what you can't do. However if you still need help lot of boxer are ready to help you.

Christoph likes this.
  4. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Question 1--- I think you sure can.
    Question 2--- I think you can, not too sure on exactly how you want them to bounce around.
    But an animation png sequence of a balloon bouncing around may look more realistic. with a transform logic to move them slowly up and down or side to side, or a path logic to have them move where ever you want.
    Asteroids thrust action. not sure what you want, do you want it too thrust in a certain direction or just spin around on a touch?
    Sometimes your questions can be answered a lot easier with a bit more in-depth description of what your trying to achieve.

Christoph likes this.