Ui Bonanza (!) In Shop

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by LtgGames, Mar 26, 2021.

1. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

Hello!

I have two characters in my shop (developed by the node-master @Elite Games ). The first character has no health, but the second character has.

The challenge is to change the UI screen according to which character you are playing: because when you play the second character - three hearts show up in UI.

Thanks to @Smart Penguins, I have managed to make three hearts on the UI screen, but they donĀ“t disappear when I play with character one.

So is there a way to choose a different UI that fits the character instead of making many worlds? Or maybe hide the heart graphics when playing character one?

Thanks,

2. Elite Games

Elite Games Avid Boxer

3. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

4. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

@Elite Games is it possible to make different UI menus for each character? Like If I click the play button to go to level 1 (with character 1), a UI comes up with an introduction text (intro 1) to the character, but if I choose character 2 and click play, a new UI screen (Intro 2) comes with an introduction text to character 2..?

Screenshot 2021-04-10 at 15.36.19.png

5. Elite Games

Elite Games Avid Boxer

yes you can switch UI with logic depending upon your character selected. I have done the same thing i have show you 2 examples first you can switch ui with event observer. other is sending through send and receive signals node.

6. Elite Games

Elite Games Avid Boxer

just add new ui between your intro UI and level selector UI and use send and receive node to switch UI depending upon selected Character but with your current setup you need to load the level first then a Ui which checks which character is spawned then depending upon character selected it shows required UI. The other option is using custom script node to switch UI because you are using custom shop system you can easily do that. Send me your bbdoc i will implement that for you

7. LtgGames

LtgGames Avid Boxer

Thanks for reaching out! The UI-intro was too complicated so I'm skipping it :D

8. Elite Games

Elite Games Avid Boxer

:rolleyes::D:D:D