Ubisoft Bought Ketchapp! Will This Affect Indie Devs Chances?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by AaroArts, Sep 27, 2016.

1. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I'm guessing everyone has heard, but if not, it looks like Ubisoft have bought KetchApp.

Do you think this will affect the chances of KetchApp publishing a simple game from the likes of a small BB Indie Dev, say me? Or you?

Thoughts?

2. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

i heard about it , and i think it's not really a good thing , if i remember Ubisoft didn't do a great job with Nintendo , and games quality are not that great . i don't know , waiing for other opinion ..?

3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Yeah that is a big news. I hope that does not mean they cut off the ropes from indie game devs

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

That's a bummer. It for sure will change somehow. They probably will develop their own games and make use of their huge fan-base. I really would have loved to publish a game with them so lets see what brings the future.

5. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Guys, yeah heard about it last night, yeah it is definitely exciting to know more, eager to know the price that was paid to purchase Morcos Guys "Ketchapp", who knows maybe more than $100 M :-D:D, anyways now it would become even more difficult for developers like us to impress the new owner

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  6. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I don't think it will change much. Ubisoft have done an 'EA' and just purchased their expertise in cross promotion which is the key reason why Ketchapp have done ever so well in such a short space of time. Ubisoft also own Future Games London - maker of Hungry Shark, which recently saw a successful launch of its new game.