[Tutorial] Adding Video To Your Projects

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by AppNasty, Apr 29, 2016.

1. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

[SEE VIDEO EXAMPLE BELOW}
    You can easily add video to your BB games. There will be NO SOUND, but still. Pretty cool.
    First thing you want to do is take your video or an online video [Pay attention to copyrights before you upload a game with a video onto any store] go to any VIDEO TO GIF online converter website. I find this one to be the best myself.
    http://imgur.com/vidgif
    What this does is takes any video and converts it to a GIF image. The longer the video, the higher the quality, the larger MBs your game will have when done. Keep this in mind when doing this method.

Next step is to EXTRACT your newly made video GIF image down individual GIFS. The headbanger video in my YouTube video below was 45 seconds long. So in imgur, I ripped about 5 seconds worth [which is doable on the imgur link above] Then after extracting it, i got about 27 .gif images. You can extract GIFS here:
    http://ezgif.com/split

Now the key is to convert each of the single .gifs into .png images. I just opened each one in WINDOWS PAINT and saved each as a PNG file. Do it however you want.
    Once done, Take the same method as when you animate any object in BB. I added a billboard for look, then added the FIRST of the headbang PNG images as object, then drag and dropped all 27 pngs in the DEFAULT ANIMATION option in BB for that said object. Then simply move the "video" to fit within the billboard. Make sure to set the video and billboard Collision Type to No Collision. Done.
    [​IMG]

2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

(Place holder for continuations)
    Will be uploading more and more tutorials for everyone. If interested anyways. Discovering the little tricks we can do in bb is fun. Lol.

3. superjack765

superjack765 Avid Boxer

ROCK!

AppNasty likes this.
  4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

It does lol. The billboard idea is great, but this could allow you menu movies too. I've got more tutorials for little ideas that I haven't seen anyone do yet using bb. When I get time I'll up em

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  5. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Great stuff! BTW you can also use GIMP to directly convert video to PNG:

You may also can extract audio as MP3 from the video and then add that as sound effect to your sprite animation.

ksittirit and AppNasty like this.
  6. Mikssa

Mikssa Boxer

Thanks for your nice sharing. As for me, the more is about how to convert iTunes videos. We know all iTunes videos are encrypted with fairplay DRM protection, it can be played on Apple devices only. It mains there is no right for you to re-encode or share these videos to other devices, even you have paid for these videos. DRM removal for mac is a professional DRM removal tool for all iTunes users to get rip of DRM protection and convert videos to multiple common formats at faster speed with lossless quality. You can check more info on HERE. Hope this point is useful to you. Good luck.

7. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

That's' awesome stuff

AppNasty likes this.