Trying To Create A Bowling System With Score Keeping...

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Snozzberry, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Avid Boxer

I am working on a game that is a variation of bowling and I do not want to reinvent the wheel or find out half way through that this can't be done. I'm sure that the score tally might be a little tricky but I'm no so worried about that as I am the mechanics of the pins. I can't get mine to fall down lol. They're like weebles. I'm sure it's just a setting but it's driving me nuts. I would like to represent the physics of pins as close as I can but I do not know if this is even possible in BB. And finally, does anyone know of a template or components that might give me a good idea on how to create the scoring mechanics?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Have you tried messing with the worlds gravity and the pins mass setting? Just my first thoughts.

3. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Avid Boxer

Thanks for the suggestion. To get the right gameplay for the projectile I've had to do some work with the gravity so that may be an aspect that I need to look at. I will follow up when I figure it out.

4. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

If you need specific gravity settings for your world, maybe try using the Gravity node in your Pin object?