The Dark Sea

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by cioccaapps, Jan 30, 2016.

1. cioccaapps

cioccaapps Boxer

Hello everyone,
    I am pretty close to completion of my game, The Dark Sea. Avoid the floating blobs that appear on your journey. Swim around to uncover the only light that floats within this eerie sea.

The trailer is below.

Let me know what you think,
    John Ciocca

mlamers and Jamie like this.
  2. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

It is a neat concept.
    I think you should change the name. When I think of sea, I think of deep blue, but yours is black, and while it looks good, I was expecting blue because of the word 'sea,' so I felt an odd feeling when I saw the black. Maybe you could work on the name so it matches the dark black look of your game so that people will not feel a slight oddness like I felt when I was expecting blue but saw black.

3. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

Way to go on your game! Honest feedback time: While I watched the trailer, the character feels a little 'dead.' That may be because it looks like a fish, but has no fish-like animations. I'am assuming the control is joystick, which also looks a little jerky for a fish. I think that if you could add some feel to the character, it would be even better! Good luck on your final build!

4. cioccaapps

cioccaapps Boxer

@JustWatchApps Thanks. You are right about the joystick controls. I am thinking about changing it to accelerometer for smoother movement.