Testing Levels

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by bluemoonstudios, Oct 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bluemoonstudios

bluemoonstudios Avid Boxer

Hi, I don't know if it's possible but is there a way to test levels that join together?

For example: You have the start level, then you make level 2 and level 3, and you want to see how level joins up properly with level 2. Instead of having to start from the start level can't we just start from level 1 and then it goes directly into level? because at the moment when I am testing level 1, at the end of level 1 instead of going to level 2 it goes to the start level.

The above scenario is not as annoying when wanting to test level 100 that joins level 102 if you get what I mean. I have to keep playing the game from the start and it's a really long process to test when you keep dying all time lol.

Gees I hope this makes sense lol. If it doesn't please ask.

Thank You

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes and no. There are 3 options I can think of but none is really a one click solution:
    1. move level 100,101 and 102 to the beginning and align the scenes again so they start just after the start scene
    2. Use checkpoints. If you don't have any just put one temporarily at scene 100 and put somewhere in your world UI a skip button. Start the game and skip to your checkpoint. If you have them already set up you need to skip through but it is still a lot faster than playing all your game.
    3. Select scene 100 and hit 'S'. This means 'solo'. When you now start the preview it will go from the start scene directly to scene 100. Once you are in scene 100 go back to Buildbox interface and hit 'S' again so it removes the 'solo'. Now keep playing and it will play scene 100, 101 and so on.

Having said that, it always it is a good strategy to make your start scene very very short. So you can test your scenes a lot faster. At least when using option 1 and 3.

3. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

iam having also that problem if only we can have more control with the S and the M as the S can select only one level you cant have multiple select and ideal thing when you have a lot of level is to mute all and unmute the one you want to play but unfortunately we cant do that @Andy

4. bluemoonstudios

bluemoonstudios Avid Boxer

Thanks mate, they are all good options, much better than having to play the game over and over. Thanks mate

Christoph likes this.
  5. anngelinoo

anngelinoo Avid Boxer

Select scene and push "S" button on your keyboard and when is red , you test this scene and retry for all scene and testing

6. buldose

buldose Boxer