Swoopy Space - Featured As An App Store Arcade Favourite In Usa

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by appdemon, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I got now a score of 18. I'll come for you all. Watch out!!!!

and as a side note:
    Sometimes I get logged in into Gamecenter, sometimes not. I really have not found out what's the reason. Also, on my iPhone 4s (with ios 8.4) I have a problem with the cross promo ad. It just makes the screen darker and I can hear the sound, but there is no image from the ad. I have to tap the screen and this takes me automatically to the appstore, canceling brings me back then. I suppose this has rather to do with the old ios or the old aspect ratio of the phone, so not sure if it is important to fix. It happens as well with the latest update.

appdemon likes this.
  2. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

This is a fun one. I suck, but I like it ;)

Sean Buildbox and appdemon like this.
  3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Wow congrats @appdemon for the feature and social promotion by AppStore! If I smash my phone that will be your fault! :)

appdemon likes this.
  4. appdemon

appdemon Boxer

@spicedbeangames Thanks mate, and yeah there is still love for us indie devs!!! :)

@heathclose Really appreciate that mate :) and hahaha, it had to be said ;) I did play with adding stuff to the character trails etc, when I first did the character design, but I found it too distracting in play so kept it simple :)

@trygii This is actually my first game with Buildbox

@Christoph Hahaha! :p I just saw someone somewhere has 558!!! :eek:

@trudnai Thank you so much for your awesome feedback :) Hahaha maybe I should have put a disclaimer in the game :p

spicedbeangames likes this.
  5. appdemon

appdemon Boxer

@TreySmith Thank you so much! Really appreciate the feedback from you :) I have so many plans for this one so stay tuned, also thank you for Buildbox, this could not have been possible without it, you have no idea how much I appreciate this opportunity :) In return, I'm just going to be pushing out more quality to showcase how great this software is! :)

#teambuildbox :p

6. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I was being serious! I was really hoping to see a bowling pin particle emitter behind that toon, that would be cool

7. appdemon

appdemon Boxer

@heathclose Sorry mate, I knew that was a serious suggestion, I was referring to the "side dish" gag, unless that's what you were talking about, in that case I've just done a complete loop! I found as so much is going on, not to make the particles too crazy, as it was distracting, there are so many things I could have add to the others too, but decided to keep the character particles simple and consistent throughout, I might tweak these all later, but I'm working on optimising things to accommodate for more particles being added too :)

heathclose likes this.
  8. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

The music is perfect! Great game play.. classic! Awesome job!

appdemon and Sean Buildbox like this.
  9. Trudeau

Trudeau Boxer

@appdemon Great job on the game! I'm just running my build box game thru some testing. I'll be posting it in build boxes forum when it's ready.

What were your settings to make the game fit so great on iPad and on iPhone? If you don't mind me asking.
    I've downloaded it for both devices and it looks great! Me and my girlfriend have been playing it a lot.

appdemon likes this.
  10. appdemon

appdemon Boxer

@pilotjoe Thanks a lot mate, really appreciate the kind words :) I'll send Chris the awesome feedback on the music too, he really did a fantastic job and couldn't be more pleased with the results myself :)

@Trudeau Looking forward to seeing the game once it's done :) I used fit to height as there were elements in the game that were dependant on the height to trigger sounds, spawn objects etc, but this does crop the sides moving from iPad to iPhone 5 so to take care of that I placed objects outside of the view to expand beyond the screen so on the iPad you're not left with empty space on the sides. Hope that helps :)

Since the launch of the game (15th September) I've been working on a big update, and I'm astonished at how fast I was able to produce it (granted I've been doing 18-20hr days due to sheer excitement :p)! It's only been 10 days and it's looking so good, cannot wait to show you all!!! Stay Tuned!!! :D

#onlypossibleinbuildbox

JoeWilson and Christoph like this.
  11. Trudeau

Trudeau Boxer

@appdemon thanks! How'd you get the swipe controls to work so well with locked characters? In my game you have to press on the centre of the character to swipe, yours is easier and not as direct!

appdemon likes this.
  12. heathclose

increase the size of the multiple unlock... drag it nice and big

appdemon likes this.
  13. appdemon

appdemon Boxer

Cheers @heathclose :)

@Trudeau just as @heathclose has kindly contributed, what you need to do is increase the scale of the multiple unlock, this doesn't scale the characters, instead it increases the swipe area of the multiple unlock and allows the player to swipe more comfortably :)

v1.4 is out today! It features a new character - Cookie :) and also has some necessary bug fixes regarding the cross promotion ad :)

14. appdemon

appdemon Boxer

Swoopy Space is a Spooky Place this Halloween!!! Coming soon so stay tuned ;)

[​IMG]

heathclose and playsgames6666 like this.
  15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Haha great development mate. I'm very impressed.

PS: cross promo ads are working again on my end since 1.3

appdemon likes this.
  16. heathclose

It just keeps getting better! I love this game...

appdemon likes this.
  17. Trudeau

Trudeau Boxer

18. Trudeau

Trudeau Boxer

@appdemon how did you add the spinning coin to the cost of the character?

appdemon likes this.
  19. appdemon

appdemon Boxer

@Christoph Thanks a lot mate, there is so much I want to share but just waiting for the green light to start announcing some of the awesome features of the update! :) and brilliant news about the cross promo, it has caused some issues but I think we're finally there :)

@heathclose Thank you so much, I really appreciate the support man! So much has gone into this new update, and all from 1 guy and a freelance sound designer, and he really did some great work for this new update...even the publishers are shocked haha should hopefully be sharing stuff soon! :)

@Trudeau You're welcome mate! :) And for the spinning coin, once you have your animation, you simply drag this into the Unlock Button in the Multiple Unlock settings :)

20. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

You can spin a coin also by animating the scale from -1 to 1 back and forth. At least in the UIs this is possible, in game not yet. :D

C'mon, bring those updates already!!!!

appdemon likes this.