Submitting my buildbox game to apple store/google play while on trial.

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by duslicrest, Nov 24, 2015.

1. duslicrest

duslicrest Boxer

Buildbox CIRCLY.png CIRCLY Menu.png Game over and character selection.png Thumbnail.png

Hi, i'm using the trial version of buildbox and I created a game that I think is pretty good (the name of the game is circly), but I have no idea how to post it onto google play or the apple store.. Can someone tell me how? Or is not possible with the trial version. I uploaded a few screenshots of the game on this post. It's supposed to be a very calming minimal version of "Flappy Bird" you could say, its got a bunch of twists on the game so I wouldn't call it a flappy clone, I've got sounds, character selection, really cool visual effects, nice art, good level design, etc. I'd really like to see this game on the app stores. I don't have money to buy buildbox.. If I did I totally would. Thanks anyway.

2. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

@duslicrest Congrats on your first build. It's quite a learning curve.
    First off, in order to publish your game, as a prerequisite you need to have developer accounts with the platforms you want to publish to: Apple, Google, Amazon...
    1. developer.apple.com - costs $99 US/year and requires that you have a Mac. You need to use Apple's Xcode to submit
    There are lots of youtube tutorials on how to set up your game/app to publish with Apple. Certificates, Bundle IDs, Provisioning etc.
    You really need to test your game on real devices too.
    2. develper.google.com - Free to set up.
    There are guides for you to read on how to set up your Android game and youtube videos
    Have a look here: https://www.buildbox.com/guides/
    You also need to set up your screen shots for ASO for each platform. Apple and Google have different size requirements.
    Unfortunately, trying to post all the instructions you need here will take-up way too much time and the work has been done already elsewhere. What you need to do is research. The other option is, after you have set up your developer accounts, is to hire a dev to submit the game for you. But, if you don't have money to buy Buildbox (at $99/m ?), then you may be hard pressed to pay a Dev $50-$100.
    Good luck with your game. And keep trying!