Simple Rewarded Video Implimentation

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by DeadlySeriousMedia, Oct 28, 2015.

1. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Avid Boxer

2. Perry

Perry Avid Boxer

I followed the directions in the tutorial, and have my Heyzap account set up with my app added into the dashboard. When I test on my device and hit the button, the game crashes. Anyone else have this issue?

3. HungaryBoy

HungaryBoy Boxer

@Perry try to put on Pause Screen HeyZap Interstitial Ad on Every 5-6 times to appear. Do not why, but for us this is working.
    Now it should Reward Video Ad working normally, and your game will not crash.

4. runrollgames

runrollgames Boxer

Its same for everyone in Android. It wasted me 2 weeks in trying to make it work. I followed exactly as shown in the (DeadlySeriousMedia) video. But still no luck. I did export and tested in my device. When i click on reward button, game closes. I still wonder why BB team is not at all interested in making minimum required tutorials for its users. All it takes is just 1 day to make few tutorials. And due to lack of tutorials, its big time waste for all of us.
    TIME is MONEY :/

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  5. DeadlySeriousMedia

I don't thin it works on Android. I's one of those things they never got a round to fixing maybe?

6. runrollgames

runrollgames Boxer

7. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

For making Reward Video Ads on Android you will need to do following:

1. Add HeyZap Reward Video Button and link to your Reward Action ( reward coins, unlock character ... )
    2. Add HeyZap Interstitial to Pause Menu interval 5 or 6
    3. Connect Advertising Networks in HeyZap Dashboard which you will use for Reward Video Ads ( DO NOT CONNECT one that you already using in code )
    4. After exporting to Android and importing into Eclipse follow https://developers.heyzap.com/docs/android_sdk_setup_and_requirements
    5. Select networks that you have been added in HeyZap Dashboard and downloading necessary files of added networks, .jar files, which need to be added in lib folder, just drag and drop.
    6. Add additional lines to AndroidManifest.xml according by Advertising Network that you using.
    7. Save and clean project.
    8. Compile .apk file and try your game.

If you will use AppLovin you will need to setup Reward Video in AppLovin Dashboard. Manage Apps -> find your app -> Reward Video turn ON -> add currency name and reward points -> click save

This is how we making Reward Video Ads to work in our case on Android.

tarasgasparin likes this.
  8. runrollgames

runrollgames Boxer

@dusan20002 You are talking about HEYZAP mediation, we are talking about buildbox video reward feature ..

9. runrollgames

runrollgames Boxer

Between, its not that simple, we all are non programmers ..

10. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

Hi @runrollgames this is for Reward Video Ads.

Example for additional lines in AndroidManifest.xml

Let say we choose AppLovin, AdColony and UnityAds for Reward Video Ad, HeyZap is coming by default. ( screenshot 1.png )

After connecting this Ads in HeyZap Dashboard and choosing it in https://developers.heyzap.com/docs/android_sdk_setup_and_requirements under Step 1. Network Selection ( screenshot 2.png )

Download 3-rd Party SDK ( scrteenshot 3.png )

In AndroidManifest.xml add Permission, look for permission of your chooses Ads ( screenshot 4.png )
    Add .jar to lib folder, drag and drop, of downloaded Ad Networks
    In our case we will add Permison
    <!-- Required by AdColony, AppLovin, and UnityAds -->
    <uses-permissionandroid:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>

Add Activities to AndroidManifest.xml, look and compare with your activities ( screenshot 5.png ) in our case we will add Activities of AdColony and UnityAds as they are not in our Activities.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      24 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      29.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      48.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      76.9 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      76.9 KB
      Views:
  11. DeadlySeriousMedia

Wow, that's not a simple process. I'll give it a try. With iOS it will automatically mediate any ad networks already supported by BuildBox. Weird that it's so much more difficult for android. Shouldn't the Heyzap stuff already be part of the build that comes out of Build Box?

12. DeadlySeriousMedia

Eh, keeps crashing my app. I'll just remove reward videos from my android titles.

13. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

@DeadlySeriousMedia let us now which Ad you adding in HeyZap Dashboard and we will make it for you.

14. nico

nico Boxer

Hi Boxers,

I used this very helpful thread to get Heyzap video rewards working in my game. Everything worked perfectly until recently. I think Heyzap pushed a new APK and Buildbox had a new update as well, 2.2.8. Since then my Heyzap video rewards do not work anymore. Also, when I install a previous build where the ads did work, they are broken on that build as well. Not sure what that means exactly but I figured it was a clue. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Or have any insights?

Thanks for the help! I'm on iOS for now. Will deal with Android later.
    -Nico

P.S.
    Everything works fine in the Buildbox simulator. When I build to iPhone the Heyzap ad button never shows up.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

16. nico

nico Boxer

Hey Boxers this link isn't quite what I'm looking for because I'm not trying to mediate with Heyzap. Anyone else having the same issue as me?

volcank and Christoph like this.
  17. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @nico Did you find a solution to the problem? I am having the same issues. Heyzap rewarded ads seem to be working fine at IOS but at Android nothing!

I also see no impressions at Heyzap dashboard when I click rewarded video ad (for IOS) only even I watch the video couple of times. Seems the videos are working, do we still need to integrate Heyzap extarnallyfor IOS? @Christoph

18. nico

nico Boxer

Naw I never did. I ended up removing Heyzap from my game because I couldn't get the ads to show. All was working well until one day they just stopped showing up in my game and I couldn't get them back so I ditched them.
    I use admob for all my ads and I personally prefer it that way. If only we could get reward videos through admob!

19. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Same here.
    And Admob do do reward videos... Just not via BB yet :(
    Really hoping for Admob reward videos to be included in the next BB Update though :D

volcank likes this.
  20. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yeah me too! Thank you for your reply. It is weird that Heyzap works at IOS right away (only Heyzap videos) no need for mediation I don't understand why that doesn't happen at Android! Yes I also hope for Admob Rewarded Video ads. To tell the truth all the video ad networks should be added like Unity, Vungle etc. Because at the end if you make a publishing deal with a publisher like Ketchapp etc. They will tell you what kind of monetization they need and if we can not implement Heyzap with mediation with other networks then it is a big problem. I also tried @Christoph 's tutorial for IOS and no matter what I do I always bump somewhere. So I gave up.