Signal On Signal Off

Discussion in 'BBNodes' started by Playkit, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Playkit

Playkit Boxer

Hi guys,
    I'm hitting a stumbling block with a game just hoping someone could help.
    I have a plate set up, when a character collides it sends a signal, the receiver then changes the colour of an object.
    I'm trying to make it so the object reverts back to the original colour untill each time the same character collides with the plate again.
    Turn on turn off
    I've tried lots of different node setups but
    can't find a solution.
    Thank you in advance

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Do you have any examples? I have set up some similar things previously, so if I have an example, I may be able to help.

Playkit likes this.
  3. Playkit

Playkit Boxer

Thanks Josh I will put a file example together of what I'm trying to achieve.

4. Playkit

Playkit Boxer

Hi Josh,
    Thank you for taking the time to look at this, much appreciated !
    I have set up an example attached.
    I have a number of cubes inside a mechanism, that will pass over plates each sending signals to a separately attached referenced fixed object.
    This will identify by colour change that the cube is in the right place in the mech.
    All the cubes are gravity based and all using a signal. I appreciate I could set another plate when passed over it could change the colour back again but the way the mechanism works won't allow me to do that.
    What I am asking; Is there a way to signal the separate referenced fixed object to revert back to its original colour once the cube has left the plate.
    Could this be done using an arrangement of node set up in buildbox or will it need coding, I can usually solve problems by reading through the great posts on here, but I am really stuck with this one.
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

5. Playkit

Playkit Boxer

Hi Josh Problem solved !!!! By using Syntax Genius If statement node :)
    and it works with PNG images
    This is how I set it up if anyone comes across the same problem. ( note the delay ) bb if statement.png

atumxstudios likes this.