Setting The Bounce Property Via An Action Doesn't Seem To Work?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by michaelfriel1988, Aug 15, 2018.

1. michaelfriel1988

michaelfriel1988 Boxer

Hello,

So when I set the bounce property of a world to '0' and then have an action affect the character with a property value of '100' nothing happens? I would expect the character to bounce?

I tried this vice versa by setting the world property to a '100' which made the character bounce up and down and then adding an action with the bounce property set to '0' to stop the character bouncing, yet this doesn't seem to work either?

It seems that the 'Bounce' property in a gameplay action doesn't work, am I misunderstanding something?

Help much appreciated.

2. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Can you share a screen shot with your world settings? This might be due to Time Warp being set to 0 or Max Speed fields set to a low value. Please share your Character Gameplay Settings and World Settings so I could help you

3. michaelfriel1988

michaelfriel1988 Boxer

Hi Vlad,

Thank you for your help. I've added two images, one with the settings you asked for and another with the action settings.

So I've set the world bounce to '100', then I've placed an action just under the character with bounce set to '0' so that once it hits the character doesn't bounce for a set time. However this doesn't seem to work.

Attached Files:

4. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Hey @michaelfriel1988,

Your character is not jumping due to Jump Force/ Bounce Force fields being set to 0. Play around with them on x or y axis (x=first, y=second field) with some values and your issue should be fixed. Good to know is that the Jump Force is half of Bounce force for a good start but it is not a rule. If you do not want to jump higher as soon as the character hits a new platform you can than ignore the Bounce Force or set it to exactly the same as Jump Force

Please let me know the results.

5. michaelfriel1988

michaelfriel1988 Boxer

I believe the issue is to do with 'world bounce' setting not characters 'bounce force'.

If I set the worlds bounce setting to a '100' and have the characters bounce force set to '0' in both fields then the character still bounces up and down. I want to then change the bounce value of the world via an action, which in the actions gameplay settings there's a parameter for 'bounce'. However the issue is that this parameter is not affecting the bounciness of the character, even though this seems to correspond with the worlds bounce parameter.

6. michaelfriel1988

michaelfriel1988 Boxer

The other problem with using bounce force is that if the character hits something at an angle it just bounces straight up, where as using the bounce setting for the world seems to allow the character to behave more realistically.

I just want to be able to adjust this setting via an action.

7. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

As far as I know you cannot change the character's bounce value via action only worlds settings.so what are you trying to do is not possible on this version of the BB (maybe soon they will give us the ability to change character's bounce force via actions). I'm not sure how exactly you can bounce a character just with World config options maybe other Boxers knows a way on how to do that.

sorry for the bad news :(

8. michaelfriel1988

michaelfriel1988 Boxer

No problem Vlad thank you for your efforts.

Its strange that there is a 'bounce' parameter in an actions gameplay settings, it seems to me that this corresponds with the 'bounce' parameter you find under world settings.