Serious Issue With Appstore -app Rejected Due To Gudeline 3.1.1

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by TheGameAppStudio, Aug 15, 2018.

1. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Hello everyone,
    I am trying to publish my new game on appstore and had been stuck for almost one and a half month.They are constantly rejecting due to this guideline Guideline 3.1.1 - Business - Payments - In-App Purchase
    At first my game main menu screen had multiple character unlocks also with two game modes Endless and Level based.The level based mode could be unlocked only using few game coins.So when i get constant rejection due to above mentioned guideline i unlocked the level and deleted multiple character unlock option in main menu and left with just start button and resubmitted.Once again they rejected stating this issue.
    Now multiple character button is in game over screen only.This is what they say.Kindly tell me the solution.How to add alternate option.

Guideline 3.1.1 - Business - Payments - In-App Purchase

Your app uses intermediary currency to purchase items that function as non-consumable products but does not include a restore mechanism.

Users restore transactions to maintain access to content that they've already purchased.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please modify your app to include anoptionaluser registration feature that allows users to restore their purchases to all of their iOS devices.

We recommend indicating that account registration is necessary to restore previously purchased in-app purchase products and providing a way for users to register later if they wish to access this content in the future.

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Do you have a restore purchase option? If not make a settings menu and place it there. Then upload images showing Apple the path the player takes to find that button.

I *think* the problem comes from where you offer in game currency to be purchased using IAPs, so players must have a way to restore stuff they purchased.

3. TheGameAppStudio

Hi,Thanks for the reply.Yes there is a restore button in store settings page.And the button to store is there on main menu screen.I told them several time but seems they aren't listening.Store has consumable coins,non-consumable remove ads button and a restore button.Where as game over screen has characters to be unlocked along with a store button.I guess they need to see visible restore button on home scren itself?
    What do you think.Though haven't made single money being an appstore developer and though i couldn't crack the store yet now this issue is irking me a lot.But can't give up :p

4. spicedbeangames

Apple have their moments of being arses. I developed a soccer game for the world cup and they rejected it for the same reasons other BB users experienced recently. By the time they pulled their heads out from under their A-holes, the World cup was over and the game is sitting there unreleased.

Have you tried calling them or get them to phone you to discuss the issue? With IAPs and restore, you need to upload screenshots so the tester can see the customer journey to restore purchases.

However, it does sound like you've over complicated things with coins. The restore button might only work for Adverts, so you need something to restore any coins purchased too - I guess these can be purchased for real money via an IAP?

Without seeing screenshots etc, you will always go around in circles as we're all guessing as to what exactly is going on.

5. TheGameAppStudio

Hey sorry for belated reply.Poor network here due to flood in Kerala.
    Well they called me for another game.They keep on defending it as a copycat to which i asked few question which they didn't have answer too and that game was in trouble for almost 2 months.I released with hope and the out come was different.So they finally said they will give me another chance to which i responded "i can't deal with this issue further and never wanted a chance.I am not gonna publish it.I am quiet disappointed with you and so ...on.." That person paused for seconds and still that game is in review despite asking them to pull down.
    And hence i am avoiding to request call for current game.As simple as it is "Its their store, their rules" .As long as developers pour money to them to get something in return it works.
    Btw this game has game coins that could be purchase using IAP and using that coins they could unlock the characters.

6. spicedbeangames

That's your problem. IAPs are a waste of time and effort for anything other than removing adverts - even then, its hardly worth the effort.

7. TheGameAppStudio

So isn't having more un-lockable character helps retention?What's your suggestion?

8. spicedbeangames

Yes but don't offer coins as an IAP - they simply will not buy them. Give players other ways to earn them through rewarded videos, daily login rewards - secret coin areas - but limit it, as you dont want them to unlock everything in 3 days.

9. TheGameAppStudio

Oh okay.I see....Few years ago users used to buy it.So they aren't doing it now?So is daily login reward coins possible?I know that we could reward coin based on timer :)