Sending a testflight to Ketchapp

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by khotos, Jun 8, 2016.

1. khotos

khotos Boxer

Hi guys,

Did Ketchapp ever install any of your games which you sent them on testflight? I sent them a game a week ago and they never installed it. So got me wondering if they just test games of developers they already got a relationship with.

2. superjack765

superjack765 Avid Boxer

They receive hundreds new games mail of one day. If your game is more than seven days (that say) that no response has no hope

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

How did you sent it to them? Just the invitation or did you also write a e-mail? They mostly look at the trailer only and then if they like it they are going to install the testflight.

4. skhotoveli

skhotoveli Boxer

@Christoph Both trailer and email. I suppose you are right. They probably only install games which they like the trailer of.

5. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

Publishers are busy and get a lot of submissions. I have a mountain of game submissions in my inbox right now and I'm not known like Ketchapp. I respond to 100% of submissions because I've been on both sides and know what it's like to be an indie developer. Not every publisher responds because it takes a lot of time to install, play, give feedback, etc., so the bottom line is be patient.

If they have not installed your TestFlight build, they probably haven't even seen your e-mail. Good luck!

qbeesoft likes this.
  6. nexus17

nexus17 Boxer

same for me.. send them my app, but still didnt get any msg from them.. send them email, testflight.. 2 days ago

7. Dan F

Dan F Boxer

If they don't consider your game good enough, they won't get back. Had that happening a couple of times. Once they like what you've done, they'll get back with suggestions or questions. So don't get discouraged, just keep pushing top notch quality. Otherwise you'll be ignored. Way too many developers with mediocre games out there. And for someone as big as ketchapp, getting good games is not a problem.

8. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Hey all, don't bother sending a testflight build right off the bat - send them a brief email and include a link to a 30/60 second video.

Track the email using bananatag or sidekick to see if it's been opened - if they don't get back, then give it a week - if you hear nothing you can assume they're not interested and it's time to move on.

Gregory Storm, trudnai, Jamie and 4 others like this.
  9. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

good stuff thank you

10. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

I'll definitely echo Kevin here. Always submit a video first. You do not want to waste a big publisher's time, especially if your game is not ready. The fastest way to get on a blacklist is make people jump through hoops only to be disappointed.

To add to this, don't submit to Ketchapp (or any other top tier publisher) unless:
    1. Your game is unique in game play (it can borrow off of proven mechanics, but needs a unique aspect)

2. Your game is graphically beautiful (it can be simple, but the colors, look and theme need to be amazing)

3. Your UI is laid out in an effective and simple way (so many people over complicate the UI... it's a quick giveaway that the creator is an amateur. Look how other proven developers are creating their UI and get ideas, but of course don't copy)

4. You think your game is legitimately better than the other games they have published (Publishers don't publish games they think are worse than their hits. Analyze a publishers hit game.. Notice how polished, fun and entertaining it is. Notice how great it looks... now make yours better)

5. Your game needs to be insanely polished (If you are sending unpolished games, the publisher will start not opening your emails. Only send videos of games that are 10 out of 10 polished. This means you literally can't find anything wrong with your game when you try. Then, when they ask for a testflight you will be ready.)
    That is the level of quality it takes to get a game signed. The game doesn't have to be complicated, but it needs to be unique, stylish, fun and extremely well polished.

thiendvm, Simon Crack, roy and 7 others like this.
  11. AppetizD

AppetizD Boxer

Listen to this man! He definitely knows what he's talking about (especially when it comes to Ketchapp).

Thanks very much for the advice, Trey!

12. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

13. Ankit Bummerkar

Ankit Bummerkar Boxer

Ketchapp has played all my 3 games on testflight but not responding.