Self-Publishing or Using A Publisher ?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by Genius, May 10, 2016.

?

what is the best solution?

1. Self-Publishing

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Using A Publisher

25 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Not being rude, but make a unique game play.
    People are downloading it and probably saying, eh another ball jump, and moving on to find a new game.
    Don't get me wrong its a good game, but its been done a thousand times and is not really different to any of them.
    Its great, its your first game, you have learned some things, and made a pretty decent game.
    But i wouldn't invest your money or time in to promoting it, (my personal opinion).
    Spend your time on using what you have learnt and invest that time on making your next game.
    trying something different, maybe a bit more unique.
    But as i said this is just my personal opinion.

Zoom123 and Depuuty like this.
  2. Frank_mobi28

Frank_mobi28 Boxer

Good point. The games that are getting serious installs are the ones that aren't really buildbox templates. Rather solid indie created games.

3. Zoom123

Zoom123 Boxer

@Frank_mobi28 do you happen to know how to configure the app's source-code for google indexing?... I haven't seen any post on the forum regarding this.

4. Frank_mobi28

Frank_mobi28 Boxer

When you refer to "indexing" are you referring to be part of Google play stores "recommendation" ?

5. Zoom123

Zoom123 Boxer

No... I am referring that the playstore link to my app show up in the google search index when words related to my app are typed. The google index API implementation is needed for this. It doesn't seem that buildbox prepackaged it. This allow users to get back into my app from google search so they use my app for a longer period instead of just one time.