Screen Sizes: Smartphone Vs Tablet / Android Vs Apple

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Rodrigo Schneider, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Rodrigo Schneider

Rodrigo Schneider Boxer

Hello!

Unfortunately I only discovered Buildbox a few days ago. I wish I had known it years ago, but it's never too late to learn, right?

I have two simple and quick questions:

1- Creating a 2D project in Buildbox, will it fit for smartphones and tablets on Android and Apple platforms? I ask this because there are a large number of screen sizes on both platforms. My intention is to make a single game for all platforms and screens, but I don't know if that is possible.

2- How should I proceed regarding the art / design (menu buttons and wallpaper) of my game to fit the largest number of screen sizes possible? Is there a minimum dimension I should choose to create a wallpaper in Photoshop, for example?

So far, thank you very much!

2. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

Yes it will automatically adjust for screen size. In your UIs make sure to check "Stick to Edge"

3. Rodrigo Schneider

Rodrigo Schneider Boxer

Thanks for the answer. Wonderful to be so simple! What about the dimensions, do you advise me to make the backgrounds of the screens based on what size? I thought about doing it in the dimensions of the 12.9 "iPad. Is my logic correct or do you think I should make it even bigger? Thanks!

4. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

Honestly when I make backgrounds I don't even think about the size of it. Don't go too big or else you could fill an entire atlas. I think you should make it smaller and then scale it up in buildbox.

5. Rodrigo Schneider

Rodrigo Schneider Boxer

Thank you very much for the tip.

I think I will follow your advice, because the educational game that I think of making, will have some menu, submenu, many buttons and lots of screens (mini puzzles). I think that if I don't take it easy with the size of the graphics, the game may be a little slow to load the menus on some devices.

5petersonzachary likes this.