Scene changes

Discussion in 'Gameplay' started by shalomr76, Nov 24, 2015.

1. shalomr76

shalomr76 Boxer

I'm working on a jumping platformer.
    My questions are:
    1. For how many scenes do you implement a new level: for every 3, 4, 5 scenes and etc. ?
    2. What's the best practice if the character dies: starting the game from the first level in a linear way
    or rather starting from a randomized scene ?

Thanks in advance.

2. brdchn25

brdchn25 Boxer

I would use check points and start from the last check point. My last game I made random after hitting the check point. So after hitting the 6th scene the rest of the scenes were random. This forced players to see the most common items in the game before moving to the random section.

As for how many scenes depends on the size of each one. I did a little with constuct 2 and we would do each level on on scene. Here we can use 4 or 5 scenes to make a level. The best part you can copy a scene in one level and add it to other levels without having to do it over again. :)

JoeWilson likes this.
  3. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

@shalomr76 : I believe that the answer is pretty much subjective and depends very much on the level of attention the user keeps during a level of your game... it should be "just right" : between "willing to get more" just nicely before "starting being bored"...