Replace "watch Video" Reward Button After Iap

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Larry Pendleton, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

Hi all, I have a reward button that states watch a short video and restart at the last checkpoint you collected.

I would like to know how can I swap out that reward button with just a default button which allows the user to start at the last checkpoint they collected, with a an ad removal IAP?

I already have the IAP setup to remove ads, and its working for the banner and interstitial, but I need it wo also allow a free start at the checkpoint without watching a video.

Thanks for any suggestions.

-Larry

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Oh, I have an easy way. Instead of even using the current Reward button, all you need to do is Create a navigation button that takes you to a UI will a 30-second ad that plays every time it is clicked. If someone buys "remove ads" then it won't show you an ad upon entering the UI

3. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

I am not seeing a selection for a UI in the Mind Map for displaying Reward Videos, only banners or Interstitials. So far I have only found videos to be in the Reward Video button.

Not sure, am I missing something, or maybe not sure what your suggesting.

Thanks

4. Josh (Nology Games)

Follow.my instructions and you will see what I am talking about. You won't find a reward video skeleton. Just put any old video in there

5. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

Hi Josh, the navigation button is easy, but now you're saying
    ? I am not seeing how to do that in BB2?

It might be better if you see a screen of my game over ui so you can see my design (image attached).

What I had just thought of is could I not create an Action button and hide it behind the Reward Video button, and then change the reward button to "Buy and Use". I am thinking this would disappear if you make the IAP, then the Action button that restarts the checkpoint would display and allow the user to restart (note the Action button would be "Unlimited Use").

The only thing I can think of that would be a mis-leading is the Text in my game over UI that says "Watch a short video to continue from last checkpoint" I won't be able to remove this after the IAP, since BB2 does not support child objects in the assets being used in the UI (this would be awesome if it did).

Possibly you could modify the bbdoc I have sent to discord@buildbox.com. It is my game I am trying to add this to.

Thanks
    -Larry

Attached Files:

6. Josh (Nology Games)

Mdo you see the bottom button on the right? Have that take you to a new UI with a button on it, (perhaps even an invisible button if you prefer) set that button to play from the last checkpoint, then add an ad that plays everytime the button is clicked.

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Remove ads never will remove video rewards. They only remove the forced ads (interstitials and banners). This is the way it has to be even though an option to choose from would be great to have. You might be able to change that in Xcode and Android Studio if you know how to code.

8. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

I agree with this statement. I honestly assumed BB would manage removing any display of ads whether it be banner, interstitial or video upon the ad removal purchase, so I wasn't really prepared for having to work around a Reward Video.

I'll need an update quick, going to keep working with Josh's idea, see if I can make that work, but any other suggestions I would welcome as well.

Thanks