Remove Ads ?

Discussion in 'In App Purchases' started by Ishamahes, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Ishamahes

Ishamahes Avid Boxer

How Remove Ads works? I really don't know , because when I turn off cellular data and played the game, there are no ads displaying.Then I can play the game freely without no interruption.Please,someone explain me.Thanks previously.

2. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

@Ishamahes Is this a question about the mechanics of 'Remove Ads' or a question about whether or not the 'Remove Ads' is even worth having?

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

All advertising typically requires some sort of internet access to be turned on. There is not really anyway around this.

Bean Bag likes this.
  4. Ishamahes

Ishamahes Avid Boxer

5. Bean Bag

Bean Bag Boxer

A good learning

Ishamahes likes this.
  6. Ember Game

Ember Game Boxer

In fact I've seen a game which have a way around this. They would ask player to watch a video ads to continue where they die. And then, if player's not online, they would still allow player to continue, but the number of times player need to watch video ads will be remembered, and player will have to watch ads that number of time when they comes online. Ofcause, the game is good enough that player want to keep watching and playing

Ishamahes likes this.
  7. Ishamahes

Ishamahes Avid Boxer

Thank you very much. That's very informative.

8. chris_tillman

chris_tillman Boxer

I'm actually having problems with my remove ads... I just had a binary rejected because my ads button wasn't set up correctly, so I followed the guide by the letter but have a couple questions. First: is remove ads under "game services" and is naming it sufficient for Apple to recognize it? Second: in order to set up "restore purchases" do I need to create another non-consumable in iTunes Connect? If so, what are the steps for that? I ask you Andy because you're the man.

Thank you
    A Snowball in Hell

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Well, first really need to see the reason that Apple rejected your binary. Remove Ads (button) and Game Services (button) are not in anyway related. You do need to setup a Restore button when using Remove Ads but you don't need to do anything in iTunes Connect to support the Restore button.

Deliverbo and Ishamahes like this.