Quiz Random Questions

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by fast999, Jun 13, 2018.

1. fast999

fast999 Avid Boxer

I am making a quiz game.But i dont know how will i make a quiz in which randomly any question could come up out of all the questions i make..i meant questions could be in any random order every time you play the quiz??/plz help

2. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

You can just have each question as it's own scene and then just play each of those scenes randomly. There are probably several other ways of accomplishing this as well. Depending on what you are doing with scoring, design, number of questions, etc...

3. fast999

fast999 Avid Boxer

thnx but do the scenes repeat or they all occur 1 time until all the scenes are done...I mean will the question in each scene repeat or only 1 time???And how to add score by clicking the right answer ,,,plz tell me these 2 things which will really help me to make quiz game. :)

4. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

@fast999 So you can set each scene to repeat as often or as little as you need. So if you have 20 questions, select each "scene" and then in the "Play Cooldown" field put 20. That way each question will only be repeated after the other scenes are played. Or you can set a scene to not play after say 10 other questions.

5. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

I think if you make the scenes random then some scenes of them may repeat, it doesn't mean every scene appears just once! a scene may show 2 or 3 times, just do as Jerry just said I think he is right, and you can add score when user clicks the right answer yes you can do it, just add an action button and set it to coins, and put this image on the top of the right answer, with zero transparency, so users won't see it, but when they click on the right answer then they earn coins (score).

6. fast999

fast999 Avid Boxer

thnx friend... scenes are repeating randomly but the problem is still there that i used 13 scenes to test..all had play cooldown of 20 ...and i put differnt number in every scene to check repeatation..so the order was of my scenes was like 3,2,6,7,11,4,11,8,11, 6 ...you can see that its random but every scene should occur 1 time then it may repeat but i couldnt fix it ..plz help...?and also tell me if i click right option so how score would increase in a quiz game??

7. fast999

fast999 Avid Boxer

ok i will try..btw thnx for the help friend.. :)

8. fast999

fast999 Avid Boxer

but
    only problem is now that how will we move to the next question if we choose right answer in quiz?

9. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Just create ui, and link the right answer button to another ui that contains another question.

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I think play cool down is still broken. @ZackGriset or @Andy should confirm though.

11. fast999

fast999 Avid Boxer

thnx but the problem of this method is that it will not have randomness of questions which i really want in my game.....

12. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Hey @Christoph what version(s) of BB is it broken? I'm using 2.3.3 and that seems to be working for me. I'm staying away from the more recent versions as I'm avoiding swapping versions while in development for my own game.

@fast999 that would be a question for you, what version of BB are you using?

13. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

It has been broken since 2.3. Are you sure it is working?

14. ZackGriset

ZackGriset Avid Boxer

@Christoph Play Cooldown should be working correctly now. Have you been running into problems with it or do you have an example of it not working?

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

No, I haven't tested it anymore since it was broken @ZackGriset. And since I don't remember having seen it in the changelog anywhere I thought it still was broken.

To get it correct:
    cool playdown value is equal to how many deaths have to pass by until it shows up again, right?

So if I would put cooldown of 1 to each scene, they should get played each one time and after I die, they play again one time. And so on...
    Can you confirm?

Benfont likes this.
  16. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

This may help you. something similar to what your making I worked out a while ago.

DBAX likes this.
  17. Leighton

Leighton Avid Boxer

Also this way you can make the questions random

18. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

For example @ZackGriset , I am working on a game and currently have over 100 scenes. I have set the play cooldown to 1 for every single scene. But that doesn't avoid scenes from showing up during the same gameplay (no death) - and they show quite close to each other, it is not like I am playing for hours and then is when I see that scene again. I get a repeated scene let's say after 10 other scenes or so.

Maybe the play cooldown feature does not work if all the scenes are set to the same value. I set it to 1 for each scene because I thought as well like Christoph that the cooldown is equivalent to the amount of deaths of the player.

Maybe the cooldown is not broken at all but I am using it incorrectly.

Zack: what does the cooldown does exactly?
    Sorry if the question is too obvious but I am confused right now.

Thanks!

patostar likes this.
  19. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

As I read it once somewhere, cooldown is how many times the player should die before a specific scene shows up again, that's how I understood it, maybe I am wrong.

20. fast999

fast999 Avid Boxer

But guys if i want to make a random quiz by scenes so how 1 scene will move to next scene if i choose correct answer...for a platformer it is easy to make random scenes but how to make a quiz random game by scenes?plz help :)