Publisher: Earn Money

Discussion in 'In App Purchases' started by knut22, Oct 31, 2016.

1. knut22

knut22 Boxer

What happens if I send my app to a publisher? Will my app be owned by the publisher on app store? How will the income money that the app makes be distributed between myself and the publisher?

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

They will take all the money for themselves and drink Tequila Sunrises and Margaritas all day long somewhere in the Bahamas. And only when you insist too many times, they will remember you and send you some cash to pay your rent so you are able to keep developing and send them new stuff.

Nah, seriously, they will own your game, but you should remain the intellectual rights. They will do an agreement with you so everything is crystal clear. The ad networks and everything will be run by the publisher. But they might give you monthly insights or even direct access to the stats. So IF you can get a publisher, don't worry, everything will be set up the same way as they work with every other developer too. And if something is not clear to you, just ask them. They are collaborating with you so it's always best to have an open and honest chat about everything. Ah, and they are people too so they won't suck your blood. :D

3. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

hhhhh , oh my God ! i think you really got tired from people how keep asking about publishers without taking time to search the forum or even to google it :D

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Haha. :D Sometimes I can be quiet an ogre. But somehow I like it. :p

playsgames6666 likes this.
  5. arsen.

arsen. Boxer

You split the revenue @knut22 .
    But in your case, yeah.. publisher owns the game and gets all the money from monetizing.
    bc you didn't research anything before signing a contract :D.
    just joking, don't do that!