Prompt User For Game Rating When They Get To A Certain Level

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Jdhl_tech, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Jdhl_tech

Jdhl_tech Boxer

Can Buildbox to do the following:

When my users gets to a certain level in my game I would like to Prompt them and ask if they are enjoying my game and if they answer No then just thank them for playing and if they answer Yes then Prompt them again asking them if they would mind rating and reviewing my game and provide them with a link to tap on to take them to my games listing and review section on the app store so they can rate and review my game.

Is this available on Buildbox and if not them please let me know when the implementation will be completed? :)

2. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

i don't think you can but you can add a rate button to game over screen ,

( maybe buildbox will implement someting like this on next releases as an easy feature to add )

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Jdhl_tech likes this.
  3. oni3350

oni3350 Boxer

Yes it can.

If you have individual game over screens for each level (or completed screens) you can put an even observer in called Redirect and have it redirect to a new UI where you ask them if they like the game. Then link the Yes and No buttons to new UIs and put what you need in there acordingly.

As for the actual rate button, you don't need to use the built in review/rate feature as this is pretty much acting like a URL button anyway (since BB settings ask you to place your URL for review page, basically your app store page)
    So if you don't see an option to place a review button on your page, just drag and drop a URL button in.

IF you play around and understand what Event Observer Redirect is doing (basically redirects the user to a new page after X amount of loads of that page) you will start to see how you could take this further and use it in other ways.

Such as putting it on the home page for example and have it redirect after 20 loads and then ask for a review. NOTE, after 20 times it will automatically load to your redirect page every single time. So once the user says Yes or No, send it to a DUPLICATE home page UI WITHOUT the Redirect function and the review won't keep on poping up.

eyal and Jdhl_tech like this.
  4. Rainyday

Rainyday Avid Boxer

Thanks that was helpful

Starman and Jdhl_tech like this.
  5. isthisrequired

isthisrequired Boxer

Can the event observer redirect be used directly to redirect to the App Store page? And if so, how? Thanks!