Promoting A Game Using Push Notifications

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by anonymos7, Dec 6, 2017.

1. anonymos7

anonymos7 Boxer

Hi, i'm using Onesignal in all of my games , one of these games had 50k downloads. One of my friends wanted me to promote his game using push notifications. is that okay ?? or is it against google policy ? is there someone here using this method ?

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

I think it is not possible.
    You can only promote your application using Push notifications.

If you want to advertise other games or applications, you can use other means within your game, such as:
    A section of other games.
    Ads within levels.
    ingame.jpg
    You can even use cross-advertising from Admob or with another platform such as "Tappx"

3. anonymos7

anonymos7 Boxer

Thanks for reply it really helps

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I think you actually could use notifications for this purpose. In OneSignal you can put a URL link, so when users click on the link they get navigated to the appstore. So you could say: We just released a new game and am sure you will love this one as well. Do you wanna try?

Edit: not sure if it is against any policy, but I don't think so. If anyone knows I would be interested in the answer as well.

5. anonymos7

anonymos7 Boxer

I just downloaded some apps , i've noticed that they use this method but i'm not sure if it's white hat method. i think the only way to know if it's totally legal is to check if some big company like ketchapp using it or if there is some member here using it

6. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

I believe the statement "Ads must only be displayed within the app serving them" applies to push notifications as well. https://play.google.com/about/monetization-ads/ads/ad-id/

7. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

this is not legal. four pics one word guy kept doing this, every time a new version of his 4 pics 1 word app was published, he'd send out a push notification to all the other versions. 6 apps got banned, but despite the ban, if the users already had the app installed he'd send a push notification to download the newer app.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018