Problem Character Diagonal Movement

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Rafael.pereira06, Dec 10, 2017.

1. Rafael.pereira06

Rafael.pereira06 Boxer

Hello everyone,
    First of all, thank you to everyone who will take the time to read my post.
    I will try to be as clear and precise as possible to get the best help possible.

So to explain I'm creating a game on buildbox, but of a new kind, I do not take a basic model. My game is as follows:
    présentation jeu.png

In summary I want to create a character (here the ball) that moves from box to box, he skips 2 boxes when he moves horizontally, he also skips 2 boxes when he moves vertically, and he jumps 1 box when he moves diagonally. Borders are the limits not to be crossed, and squares are the boxes on which the character moves.

But here's the problem: I can actually move the character horizontally and vertically without problem, but it's been over a week that I try to move this character diagonally!

I really do not understand why, I give you more information:

- When creating a project, I chose the game mode "Swipe Board", I tried almost all of them and none corresponded to the game I wanted to do, "Swipe Board" was the closest to the game which I had in mind.

- Here are the parameters of my world:
    carctéristiques monde.png

- And here is the swipe control that allows me to move my character:
    (I already tried the joystick and the character button, it does not work ...)
    world ui.png

- Here are the characteristics of my ball :
    cractères balles.png

- And advanced moves that allow him to move horizontally and vertically by jumping 2 boxes:
    advanced move.png
    advanced move 5.png
    advanced move 4.png
    advanced move 3.png

- And finally as you can see it is impossible to add a diagonal movement like advanced move:
    impossible.png

Here I finished my explanations, in short how can I move my character horizontally, vertically and diagonally on a board?
    If I can find help I would be infinitely grateful, I know that creating a game is hard and it's been a week that I block on this problem ...
    Thank you very much for your answers,
    Have a good day / evening!:)

Attached Files:

2. Rafael.pereira06

Rafael.pereira06 Boxer

Up! Is it at least possible? Please help me I would like to move on in my game and this problem is blocking me a lot! Thank you!

3. Rafael.pereira06

Rafael.pereira06 Boxer

Nobody can help me ? I beg you I would like my situation to be unlocked! I can not do it any more nothing works, could someone help me?

4. chris_lippincott

chris_lippincott Boxer

are you able to touch 2 buttons at once to make an artificial diagonal movement? Or perhaps that would not get accepted by system as it would only recognize 1 direction at a time?

5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Unfortunately, no. This is not possible in Buildbox. As you have found out yourself the swipe control only allows for horizontal or vertical detection of swipe movement. There is no way the device would understand your diagonal movement with a Buildbox game.