Portals Not Working With Advanced Move

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by GTE Games, Aug 1, 2016.

1. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Portals do not work with advanced moves.

If I want to flip a character upside down, and then have them pass through a portal, it won't work, just skips over the portal like it isn't there. I can use timeout to make it go back to the original form, but that defeats my purpose.

Specifically, I'm using a switch, with two advanced moves on the character... Flip Up, and Flip Down.

2. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Also doesn't work if you're actively holding down a button for the advance move.

Testing things out and found that creating a crouch button (think of Trey's game The Pit), I created an advanced move to make the character crouch while still moving. If the character goes through a portal while crouched, nothing happens. As soon as I stop holding down, the character appears at the other end of the portal. Very strange and not what I believe was intended.

This could be used to make a player crouch (slide) under a block to hit a portal. But if they keep their finger on the screen they'll just keep going, until they release, then they'll portal.

3. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Bump... and a video to show what I'm talking about, in case it's confusing.

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

5. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

@GTE Games can you send example file over to support@buildbox.com if you haven't already? This actually does make sense of a portal issue reported prior but couldn't reproduce.

heathclose likes this.
  6. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Sent as requested. The file I sent is only the second demo from the video as I overwrote the first part.

This is really easily reproduced though. Glad to know it's not how it was intended.

I'm using BB 2.2.3 B#1271

Sean Buildbox likes this.