Please Make A Free Version

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by larsbaun, Jul 2, 2016.

?

Do you want a free/demo version

1. Hmm - dont care....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes to a Watermark/non export version

61.1%
  3. No - just make a demo version As with buildbox 1

16.7%
  4. No - dont need it - buildbox is so cheap so i just buy it

22.2%
  1. larsbaun

larsbaun Boxer

Hi buildbox team

Can you please make a free version or demo version og buildbox 2.
    It is important that it not a time based version. Some of us want/needs time to understand/learn and play with things to totally understand them.
    Instead make a version without the posibility to export to final game or with a large watermark when exporting. So when have learn the builbox and want to make a final proffesional game, you have to buy it.

2. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

3. larsbaun

larsbaun Boxer

HiĀ“

Yes, Thank you Trudnai - I have just seen it.....

But it is a time specific trail version unfortunately.
    So Buildbox Team - Please concider making another watermark - non export version. Please Please pretty please....

4. JoSe_SuperBOXER

JoSe_SuperBOXER Boxer

A student version would also make sense, since not every student can afford $99/month for a hobby

5. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

When I was a "student"...I paid for my first $3000 car one summer mowing lawns. I certainly didn't ask the car dealership to lower the price because I could not afford it.

:)

JustWatchApps likes this.
  6. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

Buildbox is not a hobby.

JustWatchApps likes this.
  7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Not a hobby, but a student version or a free version would be awesome nonetheless and help grow the community and the platform.

8. JoSe_SuperBOXER

JoSe_SuperBOXER Boxer

My car dealer gives student discounts. Yours does not. So what am i supposed to do now? Look for an other competitor? Besides that, all you had to do is just ask for it. Especially if you are buying a car you should negotiate. Paying the price which is on its window...hmm.. Sounds a little bit greenly to me. Generally, you can not compare software with cars. Different license prices for various customers is a common thing for software. :)

Well, since BBoxing costs money, brings no income till you publish a game (and even then it is not sure if it succeeds) and is time intensive, it is a hobby. If you argue, that it could bring income one day and enable living then you could also call it a venture capital investment, since success can not guaranteed. As a rule, students do not have money for venture capital investments. :)

brakewind723 likes this.
  9. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

A student version with maybe limited export or features would be ideal.

10. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

Sounds more like an investment to me. Buildbox only has one function, to make money selling apps.

11. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

This is now the second game creator forums I have been in...and now the second one that changed their pricing structure and when they took away something they had previously given away for free...suddenly that when everyone who can't actually afford it starts asking for it free or giving discounts. Makes me want to know why I can't get a discount. I don't WANT to have to pay for it.

Lol. Sorry my point was not that I paid to much for the car or did not negotiate a lower price. My point was I wanted something so I created a job...my own...and found a way to pay for something I wanted. Back then we didn't have a mindset of asking people to create ways to give things to us...it was...I wanted it...this is the price...buy it or look for something else...cheaper. I couldn't deliver pizza until I had a car...so I didn't have that form of income until I purchased the car.

Wether BB or a car provides income...both are investments. I understand your struggle..."it's real" I get it. I have those same struggles. If your living in the USA and age 15 or more...you can make $99 a month for a subscription easy.

That's the only point I was trying to make. Sorry if I stirred the puddin. Truly.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  12. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I like puddin.

trudnai, JustWatchApps and INKY like this.