Platform to runner for mobile?

Discussion in 'Gameplay' started by evovi, Oct 6, 2015.

1. evovi

evovi Guest

Just wondering what other people have done successfully in the past with this scenario

Currently developing my first game in BB which is fine for a platform game but ill obviously want to convert to mobile so i will loose the ability to up down left right and j for jump and will only have the option to tap screen for jump.

So my question is to migrate the game to a runner for mobile versions? or is their another option

2. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

@evovi Look at the section of the build box where they showcase games and download cubs quest. This is a platformer where the character jumps and moves right and left. You can do that in Build Box because you can create multiple buttons. Just use a joystick button for movement and a separate button for jump. As far as moving up or down you would jump up or fall down unless you had something else in mind. But the above is possible in Build Box.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  3. evovi

evovi Guest

good idea man,

by any chance did you see my reply to the thread about check points?

4. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Yes I did you can see my response there.

5. Simon Crack

Simon Crack Avid Boxer

^ Yep check out my Cuby's Quest game. Should help :)

6. evovi

evovi Guest

downloaded your game i see exactly what you mean, as stupid as this sounds i was unaware the touch screen could be pressed more than once at the same time :/

Simon Crack likes this.
  7. duckJAI

duckJAI Boxer

Hey @Simon Crack, I just played your game Cuby's Quest and what I find really cool is the POV camera that follows Cuby when he goes above and below a certain point. Where can I enable this option? What type of limitations does this have @Andy?

8. Simon Crack

Simon Crack Avid Boxer

Hey @duckJAI - In 'Project Settings' - just tweak 'Game Frame Settings' to be tighter to the character :). Play around with it and you can find a setting you like.

duckJAI likes this.