Pixel memories (WIP)

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by EZKad, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Very cool! So if you click on the share video button it shares the video from the last played session?

2. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

the player need to activate record for each session he want to share, otherwise an error message will tell him that the gameplay was not recorded. the activation is done by clicking the "rec" button in the upper right corner when you start a play session (it's visible during some seconds when you start a session)

I could activate record for all sessions so the player can allways share the video if he wanted, but I noticed that it slowdown some mid-range devices (espectially android devices) and sometimes crash the game.

The ideal behaviour I'd like to have is to make the "share/replay video" buttons invisible if the player don't activate record session, but Buildbox don't give control over UI from the code to achieve this.

Ishamahes and Christoph like this.
  3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Ok. it definitely is a nice feature, BUT if I where you, I wouldn't give it that much space in your UI. Make the buttons much smaller. The same space as the normal share button. It's important and nice to have, but it can't be the central piece of your game which is very very cool and polished. It somehow distracts from your game now.