"open" Button Not Showing After Installation On Play Store

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by RichieBoy, Oct 21, 2018.

1. RichieBoy

RichieBoy Boxer

Hi All,

Published first ever Buildbox app yesterday but when I install it, phones are only displaying the Installed image and the option to open the App is not there.

I basically exported to Play Store. Signed an APK in Android Studio and published. (I feel like I'm missing something by only adding the APK and not the bundle too but it does read "or" on there so I assume either one or the other is fine.

At first I apparently needed to change the Activity to "nothing" from it's "default activity" as this was not being found. The App can be viewed here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blackfoxmedia.jetjumper

If anyone knows what I have done wrong please let me know. Also, if any screen prints are required give me a nudge and I'll get something sorted.

2. The Pumpkin Studios

The Pumpkin Studios Moderator

Hi RichieBoy! (Love your name)
    i Installed the game, and i do not see a shortcut on my phone. Also, when i click the game, it directly opens the google Play store.

Here are a couple of suggestions i think may help. however, a bit more information would help more.

1. Check your appmanifest. make sure you are not missing things, and its standard as an exported buildbox project.
    2. Check your gradles. do you have anything there that is not supposed to be there, such as invalid repo calls, or wierd android versions. also check if your maven repositories are up to the mark.
    3. What you can do, is export a new project from buildbox. and make the modifications that you want.

Try to fix your current one first, if you want, just export a new one, it wont take much time.

If none of these work, kindly provide a bit more info, like what version of buildbox you are using, what are the changes you are doing in android studio, which android version you are using, etc, and i will try to help you out.

3. RichieBoy

RichieBoy Boxer

Thanks for the heads up Pumpkin, and your kind comments on the name :)

I'm currently researching what you have suggested. Few things I have noticed.

1) No manifest.xml inside build.gradle (project and module)
    2) Unsure on any weird stuff in gradle although as it's direct from buildbox assume there shouldn't be.
    3) I'm on the 3rd version of exporting from buildbox at the moment, where everything appears fine.

I'm using Buildbox 2.3.6 on Windows, the Android Studio version is 3.2.1 - have attached gradle below should it be any use.

upload_2018-10-21_16-49-52.png

Attached Files:

4. The Pumpkin Studios

The Pumpkin Studios Moderator

Ah yes, i am aware of your issue. that is due to an incomplete compile. this issue presists for a while. here is how you can fix it. you need to first reexport a fresh android studio project from buildbox. when you open it with android studio, the moment it asks for updating gradle, you can chose remind me later / not for this project, (or some option like that), so make sure you skip it.

also make sure all the nodes are connected correctly in buildbox.

Appmanifest.xml will be in a folder above your build.gradle called app>manifests.

Proof of completion would be a completed message and an android manifest being made successfully.

sign your apk, and send it to your phone to test it. hopefully it will fix it this time.

If it doesnt, then tell me does it send any errors, do attach a screenshot for it
    Also, feel free to drop in on discord!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  5. rick richard

rick richard Boxer

This is one of the most common problem user faces. I was having the same issue, so in order to resolve it, just follow the mentioned steps (it worked for me)

1. Un-install the app
    2. Delete the cache and other files of the apps (do it via file manager)
    3. Restart your phone
    4. Re install the app

and the issue will be fixed. Do let me know if you are having problem performing the steps which I have mentioned above or if the problem is still there. Would love to help! :)

Regards, 9Apps Cartoon HD
    Vidmate

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  6. nemoo pinky

nemoo pinky Boxer

Thank you so much for the reply!
    Was facing a similar issue and it's resolved now!
    pc

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  7. topmintone

topmintone Boxer

Was facing a similar issue and it's resolved now!