Oh Balls!

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Antic0sx, Jun 13, 2016.

?

What do you think of my game?

1. Thumbs up

60.0%
  2. Thumbs down

40.0%
  1. Antic0sx

Antic0sx Boxer

"Oh Balls!" is my first game made with BB. I've been working at it, slowly tweaking here and there for the past couple of weeks now.

I've now got it to a point where I have felt comfortable in placing it on Google's Play Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nodeadpixels.antic

So far, I only have 10 levels, so I am going to be working on adding more with frequent updates.

Anyway... here it is. Enjoy :)
    \

playsgames6666 and JoeWilson like this.
  2. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

Cool concept

Antic0sx likes this.
  3. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

The only feedback (from the video) is to possibly make the spawn point for the ball a bit higher so that the ball spawns then appears to fall into the scene. I don't have an android to play the game so you may have it this way now. Looks cool though! Good luck with it!

Antic0sx likes this.
  4. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

Oh Balls!

Antic0sx likes this.
  5. Antic0sx

Antic0sx Boxer

Just to add, if you don't think it looks/plays very good... could you please let me know why it is that you have come to this conclusion. Especially if you are casting a vote.

6. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

I like the idea, nice work @Antic0sx. On first view of the video, I would suggest making the ball disappear at the bottom of the screen a little more interesting. It immediately vanishes at the top of the exit tunnel you have, but it looks as if it's designed so the ball should drop down that tunnel. Perhaps move the destroy point at the bottom of the screen so the ball drop down lower and it feels like you've achieved the goal - just a thought. The only other thing was about the video. When you make a promo video, try not to include any pop up ads, it detracts from the gameplay and can put some people off from downloading your game in the first place.

Just had another thought. Perhaps you could include a Slow Motion power up that occasionally drifts across the screen that your character can collect. This could make some of your more difficult scenes easier to navigate in slow mo. Good luck with it.