No Love From Voodoo :(

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by VectologyGames, Sep 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I think people are way too quick to try and submit games to Publishers.
    Sure, getting that publishing deal is the dream, but I think many people should learn to use Buildbox to it's full potential first.
    Don't we make games just because we love to anymore?

spicedbeangames likes this.
  2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Depending on the game Voodoo is willing to test in a very early stage of your game development. It can be a simple skeleton nothing more. Most of the time you’ll see the potential of the game already.

And yes, making games always should be fun. :D

spicedbeangames likes this.
  3. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

31b36acd-76a8-4ce2-8b9e-c30f5f8cd630.jpg

Looks like Noodlecake will give no love either seeing as they want nothing to do with hyper-casual games lol.

volcank and TheGameAppStudio like this.
  4. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Odd. Most of their game library is hyper-casual. However if you read their response, what they may be saying is they are tired of getting submissions that never should have been submitted yet, not polished and not ready, because as I said their game library is full of hyper-casual games.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  5. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Which comes back to my point.
    We should be focusing on having fun, making games and learning how to use software such as Buildbox to it’s full potential before bombarding publishers with submissions.

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  6. thatguyminib

Which comes back to my point and focus on making the engine the best damn game making engine possible! Once it is then we can worry about adding stuff to help with publisher deals.

7. Fernandooo69

Fernandooo69 Boxer

Hey, Thanks for the reply and for trying to help. I've re-read my post and i can understand how you could it difficult and confusing so let me try and break it down. First of all i understand how to add Game Analytics and Facebook SDK to my buildbox game because those videos i linked show the easy step by step process on how to do it, I was just wondering if someone who has had past experience with voodoo knows exactly what to do and if the "tutorials" i linked were correct.

Also i don't even know if its worth testing my game with them anymore since even if they like it and it performs well they will just turn me down after finding out its made with buildbox. Trey smith did say in one of his comments in this post that "if you guys have a deal with a UA publisher who needs something in 2.0, please let us know and we'll try to assist. Some of the thing mentioned here could potentially be solved by support'. This could be really helpful but i still think i'll get turned down.

Again, thank you very much for trying to make sense of what i said and if you have anymore questions or answer please let me know.
    Hopefully i didn't confuse you again! hahaha

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  8. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

People need to move away from this huge misconception that Publishers won’t take a game because it’s made in a certain engine.

If your game is unique enough, with great retention and is equal or greater than the quality of their current portfolio, Publishers would of course show interest and try to move forward with a deal.

Once you’re at that stage, you either use the several hook methods already available to integrate third party SDKs, or port your game to Unity.

If a publishing deal is really on the cards and you’ve met all their criteria and they truly insist the game needs porting and won’t port it themselves (like we have seen recently), then that would be a worth while investment. Until then, focus on making the best game you’ve ever made.

9. Fernandooo69

Fernandooo69 Boxer

I thought you weren't allowed to port buildbox games to unity, by not allowed i mean it isn't possible to do it.
    I may have understood it wrong tho, whats the actual meaning of "port"?

10. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

R = to remake the game from scratch

11. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

LoL

12. Fernandooo69

Fernandooo69 Boxer

Sorry, understood it incorrectly. I thought port meant to "transfer" a game to unity, so make a game in buildbox and then export it to / open it in unity. Didn't know it meant to start from scratch.

13. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Not every concept requires "the best damn game making engine", and really that statement needs to be better defined because waiting for the "best" may take another year or more depending on how you define the best and what you are comparing to.
    Me personally I think it should have the core ability of publisher readiness and by that I mean software functionality and features. There are several simple concepts that could easily be published now with the right features added. I also believe that this would encourage others, seeing real releases, while the team continues to make "the best damn game making engine".
    I don't need the "best" today. I know what I need and I think that is different for each developer.

14. Fernandooo69

Fernandooo69 Boxer

On top of what you said, there's no point in having the "best" game making engine if publishers don't take your games. Whats the point in being able to make an amazing game but then not being able to get it published? I think great games have and can still be made with the current buildbox software but if we can't get them published because publishers see BB "as a pain in the ass" then whats the point?
    Completely agree with what your saying bro!

Jackazoid likes this.
  15. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

You can self publish games.
    You don’t need a publisher to do that.

I think people are really starting to miss the point of Buildbox.

Plus, as mentioned above, if a game was on par with a Publishers portfolio, beyond polished and worth investing millions of dollars in User Acquisition, a publisher wouldn’t care if it was made in Buildbox.

16. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

Hi Trey , are u going to publish final version of BB3 in this year?
    and add one big feature in bb3 to unlock charachters with achievements like voodoo want

17. Fernandooo69

Fernandooo69 Boxer

As far as I know even games that are on par with a publishers portfolio (UA/ big publishers) don't get published because their made with buildbox. Also the point of buildbox is to make game and hopefully get it published, that's the utimate goal and its also what's advertised to us but with the current buildbox software people can't to that for whatever reason publishers have.

Jackazoid likes this.
  18. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Out of interest, which games do you know that are on par with a Publishers portfolio, but have been turned down due to the engine it was made in? I'd love to see those games.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  19. JustBraden

JustBraden Boxer

Someone wants to publish my game Shadow Maze (reached #20 on iOS top charts) and the only way they can do that is for me to... port it over to Unity. As much as I’d love to do that, I’m not sure it’s possible :p

20. thatguyminib

I'm available for hire XD been working 5 years professionally with Unity lol.

AaroArts and Christoph like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.