New Buildbox Classic Update!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Hue Buildbox, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

We just released a brand-new update that will allow Buildbox Classic creators to share their games with the world!​

Drumroll, please ...

Buildbox Classic now features export to Buildbox World!

You can now add any of your amazing 2D games to the Buildbox World app for free. We've also introduced a new deep-linking feature in Buildbox World that enables you to send your creations to anyone using a unique link. Instantly share your games through social media, text, or email.

Just download Buildbox World to create an account. Then, using the Buildbox Classic desktop client, export to Buildbox World to play, test, and share with the world!

In this latest Buildbox Classic update, we’ve added an Apple login option and made additional fixes and improvements for smoother performance as well.

For a detailed list of changes, you can view the full change log below:

• Added Ability to Export to Buildbox World
    • Added Apple Login Option
    • Fixed Mac Namespace Collision with Buildbox 3
    • Fixed Start Screen Layering Bug
    • Additional Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements
    But that's not all!

Along with this incredible new update, we're having a special sale for all Buildbox Classic plans.

For a limited time, you can get 40% OFF on any Buildbox Classic Paid Plan! If you take advantage of this promotion, your subscription will be automatically renewed at the same low price!

Thanks for your continuous support and feedback. As we work to make Buildbox the best tool for making games, you can expect to see more updates to Buildbox Classic in the coming months.

33Shox, HG-2018 and DariusGuerrero like this.
  2. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

• Additional Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements
    What exactly has been improved or has only the above been added. With last update also rather little was changed/improved.

33Shox likes this.
  3. J.E.Moores

J.E.Moores Boxer

I sent in my first bit from BB Classic. Two questions:
    • How long does it generally take to get a bit reviewed?
    • Can I can share the link with others right away, or do I have to wait for review for the link to work?
    Here is the link I got, but it doesn't open the game yet:
    https://bits.buildboxworld.com/bits/58440bbf-f666-4a5c-bbc3-0ffee5c0619f

Thanks for your help, this is my first time sharing a bit. I think BB World is really cool. Great way to see ideas, developer process, parts of games. No other experience quite like it. Thanks for adding it to BB Classic!

4. Hue Buildbox

Hi, approvals normally take anywhere from 1-3 days. Also depends on the volume of submissions.
    I believe your bit was approved today btw. :)

5. J.E.Moores

J.E.Moores Boxer

Thanks, Tiger Bomb was approved, but I noticed there is no audio when I play the game on BB World. This game is based on hearing the music, it's sorta like musical chairs. You need to hear the music to play correctly. I have all the rights to the Tiger Bomb music. I worked with the band to make this game. Any way to get the audio/music on the game? If I share the game with them, they'll be like, "where's our music?" How can I get the music to play on BB World for: https://bits.buildboxworld.com/bits/58440bbf-f666-4a5c-bbc3-0ffee5c0619f

6. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

So nothing.Otherwise at least an answer would come. Well too bad had hoped to get still times life in the buildbox Classic, but as always nothing comes.

7. Hue Buildbox

Your games sound should work. Can you send me the bbdoc via support@buildbox.com,so I can take a look at it? Thanks.

8. J.E.Moores

J.E.Moores Boxer

I reinstalled BBWorld app and everything worked. It was me. Thanks again Hue for all that you do.

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  9. Hue Buildbox

Awesome, glad it's working for you now!
    Feel free to let me know if there is anything else that I could help with.