Name Help? Vote Away

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by FranciscoBala, Mar 26, 2017.

?

Name help? Vote away

1. SkyBirdz

2. Animalz

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. FranciscoBala

FranciscoBala Avid Boxer

I'm in doubt between those two, as I've seen a video from @TreySmith mentioning naming the game with A would improve search results afterwards while available for download throughout the PlayStore & AppStore.. :cool:

Game is already set as "SkyBirdz" i'd say 70% complete, just looking for other opinions on the matter:)

2. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

I think is important, what people should search and found ?
    They are search some game "Sky ... birds" or "birds on sky" ?
    Or if they search "Birds on sky" will they found something like that in your game ?
    Or if they search "Animals" , how many chances are for "Animalz" to show up ?
    And if they search "Games with Animals", and they see your game listed, your game have some connections with animals ?
    I don't say it's 100% like this, but in 90% it is like this.
    World of Tank,Crazy Birds,Color Switch,Flappy Bird....and many other games
    P.S. People don't search with "z" at final, but you can keep it :).

FranciscoBala likes this.
  3. FranciscoBala

FranciscoBala Avid Boxer

Thank you for the feedback,
    That's my dilema, on Google Trends actually states that "Animalz" has bigger search ratio than SkyBirdz, or to say better, SkyBirdz isn't even searched yet, but if I separate it and search for "Sky" & "Birdz" it enhances found results..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Leaving it with 2 positive points to Animalz and 2 positive points for SkyBirdz

Found something similar (only character tho(one of..)) but this one is "Around The World" Preset, while mine is "Jet Pack" Preset.. I believe my game would beat this in actual gameplay, but we'l leave that to senior tester's later on :D
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sky.birds
    Has been around since 2015 apparently

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  4. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

I think it's important to your game name, if you use birds in your game or if use different animals ...
    If you use a bird like your primary character, then should have something with bird not animals .
    try to search another keyword in Google Trends, then combine with birds.

5. FranciscoBala

FranciscoBala Avid Boxer

I see what you're saying, but that's where my doubt pops up.. o_O
    My game has characters as either flapping (Blue Bird) Birdz or flapping animalz & objects, like the Enemy everyone has in their Illustrated Art Pack the Diamond with Wings facing left side..

~So if it's SkyBirdz I'l be "forced" to only have Birdz as characters ; Or I can consider any object or animal part of the "Birdz" crew as long as its got flapping wings on it.. :rolleyes:
    ~But, if its Animalz I have a bigger variation of character choices to use ; But again, I still prefer "SkyBirdz" it's catchy :p

blad300 likes this.