Mobile Ready: New Service For Buildbox Devs!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by brakewind723, Sep 19, 2017.

1. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

Mobile ready logo bb.png
    *not affiliated with Buildbox

last gif.gif

Who Are You?

My name is Ryan Robinson and I am a freelance developer and novice animator/graphic designer. I've collaborated with Buildbox on multiple occasions; my most notable being creating some of the newer presets inside the program.

preseets.png

I've also worked alongside many members in the forums before, including some certfied developers such as Simon Crack of
    DeadCool Games and Aaron Feliciano of TastyPill. I'm also the lead developer and artist for an upcoming game with a major celebrity artist.

What is Mobile Ready?
    Mobile Ready is a new service I am offering to Buildbox developers to help them build publisher quality games! I've noticed that a lot of Buildbox games lack the necessary polish and game design that publishers generally look for, so with this service I will be offering my current knowledge and skills to help you develop a quality game!

test.png
    How It Works

This service will essentially work as a freelance operation, where you pay me as a developer to create/remaster nearly every aspect of your current or planned game (from gameplay to the
    artwork) for the entire month.

Below I will explain some strategies I might use and/or stages of developing I will most likely apply to your game.

- Developing Your Concept
    If you haven't yet begun the development of your game and may only have the concept art or a small vision in your head, I will help you to develop this idea into a practical game that publishers could potentially want.

- Model & Improve

This game design concept is very popular and has been proven many times successful. All you simply do is model off another game (possibly popular) and improve it enough to where it becomes your own original concept. Most players will appreciate your fresh take on a potentially older gamestyle.

- Remaking/Remastering

If your heart is already sold on your current game concept and there isn't anything I can do to convince you otherwise, I will try my best to remake or remaster this concept to make it more publisher approachable.
    remake pic.png

What To Expect?

- On board consistent and reliable communication via Slack or Skype for the month of your service.

- Quality and polished gameplay and artwork.

- Critique and advice on your game pitches or submissions.

- A
    Mobile Ready game!

What NOT To Expect?

- An alternative to Publisher Elite.

This service may seem very similar, however unlike Publisher Elite, I do not have in touch connections with most major publishers (I do know some personally though).

- Me crafting every scene for your game.

Even though I will help you build foundation and understand some key concepts of game design, I will not be able to essentially craft every aspect of your game for you. Things such as the scenes and levels in your game will mostly be your responsibility, with gameplay and majority of the artwork being mine.

- AAA games.
    With this being a one man show, I sadly don’t have all the resources and talent to make you the next Candy Crush or Clash of Clans. My focus is making simple minimal style games that famous publishers like Ketchapp would even consider.

- A slave lol.
    Even though I am committing an entire month to each of my clients in this service, I will not always be available to work on your game exclusively every hour of the day.

- Guaranteed Publishing Deal.
    While I will put all of my best efforts to craft you a publisher quality game, I can not guarantee that publishers will want to sign it. Many publishers have agendas and even if your game looks and plays fantastic, it might not always be the publishers current interest.

Where Do I Sign Up?

I will be using Slack as my main source of communication for this program. Clients will be charged a single payment of $350, this will cover an entire month where I work with you providing gameplay and minimal artwork (2D or 3D) for your game concept.

If you are interested please message me in the forums and I will send a link to the sign up page. Completion of sign up will invite you to the official Mobile Ready Slack Workspace where a private channel will be created that only you and I can chat in. You may also message me in the forums if you have any further questions about this service.

Please Note: that there will only be 10 slots available to help keep my sanity, so first come first serve!

Cheers!

last gif.gif

(I typed all of this at 3 am so please forgive me for some possible spelling and grammar errors! Will correct later :).)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  2. brakewind723

-reserved-

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    DMONGS, bmsingha, justforward and 3 others like this.
  3. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

This looks pretty cool. Great job polishing those games!

4. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

that looks great nice presentation what do you use for creating 2d and 3d-ich artworks

5. AGoberg

AGoberg Boxer

Do you have a website or portfolio somewhere?

brakewind723 likes this.
  6. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Ryan. This is a great service your offering. Fills in the space of Publisher Weekly. Will definitely be looking for your help at some point :)

7. brakewind723

Thank you Andy G! The ending of Publisher Weekly def kickstarted this lingering concept I've been having for a while. Would love to work with you eventually ;)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  8. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

This is awesome.
    Great job.
    I'd love to see more artwork too :D

brakewind723 likes this.
  9. brakewind723

Thank you @AaroArts! I will def be posting mose material here!

andre_sprs likes this.
  10. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Excellent work. That looks fantastic. Great job Ryan.

andre_sprs and brakewind723 like this.
  11. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

about the 1 dollar sale, do I get bbdocs when I order? :)

12. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Your work is looking real nice Ryan (@brakewind723 ) great service.

13. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Just noticed your Signature as I'm on an actual computer now.
    Loving your Art Style.
    You should sell assets too.

I've lost count of how many times I've tried to find 3D looking spheres to use in 2D games.

14. brakewind723

Always awesome to get props from a buildbox OG! Thanks @Phill Mason

That is something I am very much considering @AaroArts. If you ever need any exclusive just message me and we can talk ;)

AaroArts likes this.
  15. brakewind723

Hey guys just want to clarify that Publisher Ready is not at all affiliated with Buildbox or the Publisher Elite/Weekly brands. This is my own personal venture and even though I had experience working with Buildbox, their involvment is 0 in this program. To avoid future confusion or a lawsuit I will be changing the service name to Mobile Ready.

Cheers

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  16. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

What happened to the top down survival template? :( it's no longer in there and we were really looking forward to getting it

17. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Awesome! Long time we haven't talked, it might be time to get in touch again. :)

18. brakewind723

Long time indeed @Christoph! You're one of my favorite boxers, we need to collab!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Christoph likes this.
  19. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

it think you need to remove world forced movement speed that's probably the main reason

20. brakewind723

Art Solutions
    Just to mention, not only are you provided with support on gameplay, but you are also provided top tier graphics with either a 2D or 3D style for your games!
    solutions.png