Master Collection 2 - What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Christoph, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rakeshdev

rakeshdev Boxer

@

2. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

Can't you just add an option to allow auto save every few minutes?

3. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

@TreySmith you are killing me with these videos XD. Soundbox 2.0 looks amazing!!

TreySmith and Skrubzy like this.
  4. MrHello

MrHello Boxer

I'm a new BUILDBOX user with an extensive experience in many other engines and I JUST PURCHASED THE MASTER COLLECTION 2.0 .
    I encounter deal breaker issues within the first 3 minutes with BUILDBOX.
    —————————
    1. Contradictions in the art pack license agreement
    the following highlighted text in red/bold expose important inconsistency in language.
    the EULA inside the art pack downloaded folder:

THE ART AND SOUND AND GAMES is provided for your entertainment purposes only. Except as may be expressly permitted by Buildbox, you may not sell, copy, exchange, transfer, assign or otherwise distribute anything you copy or derive from THE ART AND SOUND AND GAMES.

The EULA linked on the master collection download email:

. THE ART AND SOUND AND GAMES is provided for your entertainment purposes and/or the business of building and publishing your own games on the app store. Except as may be expressly permitted by Buildbox, you may not sell, copy, exchange, transfer, assign or otherwise distribute anything you copy or derive from THE ART AND SOUND AND GAMES.

The EULA in the downloaded art pack folder supersedes any prior agreements unless it is from the 8cell website, while I understand 8cell is the company behind BUILDBOX, it is not clear that Buildbox.com is the only 8cell website?( I'm new here)
    Regardless, the Agreement on buildbox.com also has this “on the app store”(singular) distinction and the superseding clause language makes it as if there were another place that could supersede buildbox.com User agreement.

In conclusion:
    Is the art pack only for entertainment or for publishing professional games swell?
    And is it only valid for the app store??

———————————

2. How can I import these 25 000 images and sound assets in BUILDBOX library?
    Surely they don’t expect us to import them,1 by 1, and recreate thousand of folders inside BUILDBOX manually??!!
    All these assets need to reside inside BUILDBOX for efficient and practical auditioning.Just like in the demo videos.

FROM 2.0 MANUAL:
    PNG Drop Box
    A box where you can drag and drop a PNG file. Once an image is added, you can remove it by pressing the x and access the Advanced Image Options by clicking the pencil. You can drop multiple PNG files at once onto some PNG Drop Boxes, creating an animated sprite(/image).

———————————

3.The website advertise Steam publishing , which is not mentioned in the manual, so which one is it??
    FROM 2.0 MANUAL: *no steam
    Exportable App Stores
    The following app stores are supported:
     Apple iOS App Store - Mac mobile devices including iPhones and iPads. IAP supported.
     Apple Mac App Store - Mac OSX desktop.
     Google Play Store - Default Android app store. IAP supported.
     Amazon App Store - Amazon Kindle and Kindle TV.

 Windws desktop.
     Microsoft Windows App store (previously known as Windows Metro). This is the new universal app all windows devices are moving to – including phones, pads, desktops and the next release of Xbox.

FROM THE WEBSITE:

Create one game and put it on the Android Store, Samsung Store, Amazon Store (with support for the Amazon Fire HD, Fire Phone and Fire TV), iPhone Store, iPad Store,
    Steam, Mac App Store, Apple TV, Windows and more.
    ———————————

Additionally, it appears that UI buttons in the art pack come with english writing baked in their PNGs, rendering them useless for localization without an empty button version…

More importantly, despite the great UI, the UX is very laborious, this is not an intuitive tool and I found the logic very limiting and quirky.
    I’m not interested in making an iteration of an exist game, I 'd like to create something rather unique and imaginative, I wish there were a downloadable demo, a trial version, to save anyone like me the trouble.
    It seems like an unfinished quirky toy to me, yet displaying great execution in some aspects.
    I’m now reading all the complaints about the new update and thinking what did i get myself into.
    I found the marketing video very clear, well edited and paced yet I have to say there's cheap internet marketeer/car salesman brainwash feel to it, which also made me instantly suspicious.
    Game developers, Indie or not, are usually rather sophisticated comparing to many other demographic, if I were you, I would be more cautious and using a more honest natural tone and a bit less heavy marketing tactics. So I believe you want to make a great tool primarily as opposed to get a great series C then an acquisition from APPLE. ( That's just an example, I"m not sure you have VCs involved...but your address suggest so)

Overall, these issues do not give me a positive first impression of this software.
    I think I'm going to pass, I would like a refund.

Despite my rather unfortunate experience, I can imagine some other users being delighted with the product and I understand that.
    It is very possible that BUILDBOX 3 end up being a great piece of software sometime down the line as the CEO seems to have perfectionist tendencies but not fully realized yet.

Thanks to anyone taking the time to read this tome and replying to this post.

Christoph likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.