Master Collection 2 - What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Christoph, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justforward

justforward Avid Boxer

@TreySmith Why are you trying to pursue sooo many goals at one time? BB2, 3D, software parts like master collection, Publisher Elite and etc.? As a result we see very buggy and not complete CORE product - which is BB2 for sure. 2.3 projects are not compatible with 2.2.9.. really? Is this what we need? Appodeal is one of the leading ads network today and you still have no integration with them although they SENT YOU all codes MONTHS ago, I talked to them. Is this what we need? Still NO ANALYTICS integration. Kidding? In the latest 2.3 release some major things don't work like Android Export and Advanced move. Well...

We don't need sound editor or graphic editor made by buildbox, actually we even don't need 3D. WE NEED this:
    - BUGS FREE BuildBox 2
    - Appodeal, Vungle and other ads network integration (and regular BB updates with ad networks SDKs)
    - Analytics Integration
    - Clear and fair pricing

Can you, please, explain why we can't get these simple things for the money we pay? Is it really difficult to make it?

I'm your regular customer. I pay for the BB for about 2 years and was loyal to all bugs and faults all this time. And now this is a real reason for me to switch to another gamedev tool. Because the things BB doing is out of any understanding, frankly.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. bioded

bioded Boxer

Fully agree!

justforward likes this.
  3. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

@DaddyMagic Why didn’t you trial the software then? There are 30 day trials. I used one before going monthly.

I’m not a fan of the huge price tag either, but it still won’t stop me using BuildBox. It’s a great tool, especially once you’ve learnt how to use it properly.

But BB is a business and almost certainly won’t be changing their pricing structures based on people’s (who half don’t even lease a license) opinions, even though a monthly option for MC2 would have been nice.

You have other choices though, especially for hobbyists, check out Stencyl for example.
    Don’t give up making games.

Better still, learn to code. I recommend Swift and learning SpriteKit if you’re happy developing for the AppStore.

But I recommend sticking with BuildBox for now. Look at Rising High or similar Devs for inspiration.
    If you work hard and try, you’ll do great with BuildBox on it’s own, then when you have that success, come back and buy MC2 :D

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    brakewind723 likes this.
  4. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

I fully agree!!!!!
    slowly losing patience.
    I know there is probably many people behind the scenes at BB, but, just but, can we get a stable product, that works without bugs.
    Get some basic features that have been requested for over a year now.
    Feel like its just beta testing BB all the time.
    I understand that bb 2.3 was rebuilt to enable more features, but where are they.
    It just looks really bad when you pay a monthly fee, and fore ever waiting for fixes.
    Whilst waiting all we are seeing is new products..
    Great I'm all for new products.
    But I'm all for a product that works, 100% all the time, with basic features all the forum members are asking for.
    If your going to compete with other tools, then start listening to your users, who are funding your product to grow.
    Don't get me wrong, i like BB and enjoy the simplicity of it, but a stable product would be great...

Eageron, Dr. Jekyll and justforward like this.
  5. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

I was referring to the fact that the ideal Buildbox user should have around 5K-10K to afford to lose, IE invest.

6. VectologyGames

Game creation is no longer for hobbyist as there is real money being made in this industry.

7. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Just because you're making decent pay doesn't mean it can't be a hobby...Most businesses start as hobby projects, and they slowly adapt into a more professional environment with lots of employees. I kinda disproved my point there lol but you don't have to make your game into a franchise/business, it's the developer's decision about what they think they're capable of. If you create a terrible game after a really successful one, there's a chance it'll still be popular, but most of the time, the games are either be forgotten or the developer's reputation will be damaged, because of the unsuccessful title -- possibly resulting in lowered download rates for the successful game. I hate run-on sentences, but I don't know how else to write that.

8. VectologyGames

This is not true. Most businesses start off as businesses.

Christoph likes this.
  9. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Possibly in the "olden days", but today, we have access to the internet -- virtually endless information and ways to easily experiment will our hobbies. A simple share on social media could earn a hobby-job a fair bit of money, which can quickly turn into a business. Before the internet, this was MUCH harder to do, so not many people had their hobbies turn into a successful career.

10. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Ok maybe not "most", but a lot of them do. Whenever a YouTuber is saying thanks to their fans, they almost always say they started on YouTube as a hobby -- for fun. (This is a bad example, but I'm not very creative so deal with it :cool::()

11. DaddyMagic

DaddyMagic Boxer

I searched everywhere for a demo trial and couldn't find one to download from the build box website. I even joined the newsletter thinking it would lead to a 30 day trial for me to test. I bought MC2 on the 7th on a leap of faith that it would work for my needs based on only the tutorials I watched. For whatever reason it wont install on my desktop so I tried on my laptop in which it did install then found out since it needs a persistent connection it closes without warning, no point in having a portable installation on a laptop if it needs connectivity. Support is going to work on my situation soon however as far as I'm concerned I'm demo'ing the software to see if it 's going to work for my needs.

I have seen alot of really neat games made with build box but nothing yet which is interactive, where the player interacts with the scene, example a scene where the player pops balloons, puts apples into a basket, knocks the basket over, jumps on a tractor, drives off , opens doors into new levels / scenes ect...this is highly interactive stuff I've yet to figure out and of course I know I'm not going to learn this in 2-3 days but I need to find out as quickly if its going to work or not because no sense in keeping the software if it can't. Really I hope it works out for the best I have good intentions if the software is capable.

12. VectologyGames

You sound very young my friend (I feel old as shit now that im 35) and I thought the same way you do. Please understand that you need money to invest

rakeshdev likes this.
  13. Skrubzy

Skrubzy Avid Boxer

Just because it's a hobby doesn't mean money can't be put into it...that's why hobby expense tax deductions exist

14. rakeshdev

rakeshdev Boxer

I am also loosing my patience on there high price. I am totally disappointed with BB . plz lower your prices . Don't nake it business.....

15. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

@VectologyGames just because there is money that can be made in the industry doesn't mean game creation isn't for hobbyist. That makes no sense at all lol there are a huge amount of people creating games or doing game dev just as a hobby because they enjoy it or just wanted to learn and challenge themselves.

Also you don't need 5-10k to invest into game dev lol.

NemoPiXL likes this.
  16. VectologyGames

The time needed to be successful goes waaay beyond working on your game as a hobby. Have you ever launched a product?

Rebel Studios and rakeshdev like this.
  17. thatguyminib

Yes I have actually three of them and none were successful lol I agree you do need to invest a lot of time in order to be a successful dev, but again game dev can also be a hobby.

Not all people get into game dev to be successful. Like I said many do it because they wanted to try something new or challenge themselves, heck I know people that just like to do it for fun and release whatever game they make completely free, because it is only their hobby.

18. VectologyGames

Thats awesome. But Buildbox is not geared for the hobbydev (I just coined a new phrase) due to the price.

AaroArts likes this.
  19. thatguyminib

Very true on that. Funny thing is though is that Trey says Buildbox is to target Indie developers, especially MC2 because it is an all in one option, but to my knowledge, a majority of indie developers don't have the money to afford it XD.

Again I am not saying all indie developers, just a majority since MC2 is for sure selling lol.

Just from what I have heard if you are an indie developer you either struggle financially or with time and it looks BB is targeting the latter since MC2 looks to be an all in one solution and increase dev time with drag and drop.

20. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Really love hearing everyone's thoughts here. As for pricing our products, I would like to share some insight on this. As you guys can imagine, we've thought about this a lot.

We have one goal in mind with this company, and that's to create the best products possible. In order to do this, we have to hire a lot of smart people, and hiring smart people is not cheap. We have 18 people working in the company right now, without funding, while most of the other "game builder" companies have just a few. It's definitely a different approach, but I think how far we've come in just 2 years shows it's worth.

Will we ever have cheaper prices? That's something we've always wanted to test. While I don't foresee us lowering the overall price of Buildbox from $99, we definitely want to test scaled down, feature-reduced, versions at cheaper prices in order to allow more people to use the software. I can't guarantee it will actually work, but it is something we want to test in 2018.

NemoPiXL, brakewind723 and AndyG like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.