Linker Command Failed

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by DingDong118, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Kanishk Sachdeva

Kanishk Sachdeva Avid Boxer

So now do I have to manually create a directory by the name of ads. If yes how do you do that.
    And you are saying MoPub framework should be inside that directory. What I do is ( as mentioned in builldbox article ) is to drag and drop MoPub SDK under BB Player (top one with blue color icon). Is what I am doing with MoPub SDK the wrong way ?
    This is what my current Xcode project looks like.

Attached Files:

2. Kanishk Sachdeva

This ads which is being created as a file and not a directory is because of my mistake or because of fault in Buildbox export ?
    The ads remain a file and not a directory even when I don't add MoPub SDK and make any changes.

3. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Xcode 10 is good. Thats what I use.
    Ok, I am not concerned about your directory size, this could be caused by frameworks possibly.

Anytime you see a linker error that means that Xcode can not find a specific file or library. In your case Xcode can not find MoPub because it has been told to look inside the "ads" directory, which you do not have. I am not sure how Xcode was told to look for MoPub in that directory. Since I don't use MoPub I believe when you did the setup you must have told your app/game to look for it in that directory. I suggest you backtrack to when you did the MoPub install, because that is the issue. Normally you would just place a framework file within the FrameWorks directory by just dragging and dropping it within Xcode. Some where Xcode was told to look for a "ads" directory. Do you remember setting it up like this?

4. Kanishk Sachdeva

5. Kanishk Sachdeva

I did not make any manual changes.
    I have no knowledge about programming and hence am not capable of making any manual changes on my own.

6. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Yes, you installed correctly by dragging and dropping. And dragging and dropping it where you did should work. Now within a file inside Xcode, probably the AppDelegate.mm file, you need to place a reference to find that MoPub file that your dragged in by simply placing a import statement, Like I have here, however I am using AppsFlyer.
    #import <AppsFlyerLib/AppsFlyerTracker.h>

Now you see that I am importing a file within the AppsflyerLib directory. You should have a file inside your MoPubSDK directory, which is what you dragged into your Xcode. Inside that directory there is a file that you want to import. So it would look like
    #import <MoPubSDK/filename>
    The filename will be named something like MoPubSDK.h or something like that with a ".h" extension. Not sure what the filename is called because I don't use MoPub.

7. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Two things that might help. Do a screenshot of the code inside your AppDelegate.mm file, specifically I need to see the first 10 lines of code in that file.
    Secondly send a screenshot of what is inside the MoPubSDK directory in your Xcode.

8. Kanishk Sachdeva

Surely.
    Here you go.
    First screenshot is of AppDelegate.mm and the second two screenshot of MoPub directory.

Attached Files:

9. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Ok. that helps.
    Now give me a screenshot of your AdIntegrator.h file

10. Kanishk Sachdeva

here you go

Attached Files:

11. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Ok. Good. That appears to be setup correctly.
    When you dragged and dropped the MobPub library into Xcode, Xcode should have asked you if you wanted it to create a reference to the file. Do you remember if it did? You would have answered yes and Xcode should have built a reference to it.
    What I don't like and what doesn't look right to me is the MoPub frameworks directory that was dragged in. It has many sub-directories, which I am not used to seeing, but this may be normal, I don't use MoPub so I am struggling to see why so many files inside a Frameworks directory.
    Do a screenshot of your Adintegrator.mm file. I apologize for all of the screenshots, but I am trying to see what is going on here.

12. Kanishk Sachdeva

No you don't need to apologies rather I should be thankful that you are helping me.
    Here you go.
    Screenshot for AdIntegrator.mm.

Attached Files:

13. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

I see one issue. Inside your AdIntergrator.h, change #import "MoPub.h" to #import <MoPubSDK/MoPub.h>
    You have quotation marks there, those should not be there.

14. Kanishk Sachdeva

Ok I will do it.

15. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Ok. these files look good. I think if you change the import statement it might work. Try it and let me know if you still get a linker error.

16. Kanishk Sachdeva

Did that in AdIntegrator.h but an error came.
    Screenshot for that.

Attached Files:

17. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Crap. My bad. Change it, remove the < > and replace with " "

18. Kanishk Sachdeva

Ok , will do that
    Did that but off no help
    This error still stays

19. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Same error, linker?

20. Kanishk Sachdeva

Yeah same error.
    Could it be a problem with Buildbox Export or steps mentioned in Buildbox Article. Or AdIntegrator.h or AdIntegrator.mm or MoPub SDK provided by Buildbox