Jump Settings

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by AndrewZ, Oct 4, 2015.

1. AndrewZ

AndrewZ Boxer

Did something change within the jump settings in the latest update? I remember there were issues with the previous update (then a hot fix was made) and I believe the same thing has happened here. All of my jumps from my character are out of wack. The character now jumps a lot higher (which is a major issue) and the sound is completely gone (jump sounds and ground collision).

2. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Hey @AndrewZ it's hard to answer your question with out knowing a few more specifics. What are the jump settings you are using? Are you using a preset? Jump settings can be what every you want them to be and there are many ways to adjust them. Each new combination will create different results and therefore different game types. As far as the sounds I have not personally had any issues with that. You may want to send in your project to support so that they can look at it. They're very good about getting back in a timely manner.

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@AndrewZ

As @Machine Rises stated the best thing you can do right now is to send a detailed email to support@buildbox.com along with a sample BBDOC file so we can test your particular situation and see determine what the issue is. There we some minor changes during 1.3.4 -> 1.3.5 that could have affected something here, but I would not have thought jump height would be one of them so it could be something completely different. Most of the issues have been around defeated animations or characters with wheels.

4. siyyidali

siyyidali Boxer

I think you can modify the jump height with gameplay settings or an option like that, well you can modify that when you are modifying gravity.
    I hope you will found more help.;)o_O:)

5. AndrewZ

AndrewZ Boxer

@Andy 100% The jump height has changed. The jump sounds and ground collision sounds have been affected as they don't work at all now. I'll send in the bbdoc so you can take a look at. There's also a few other issues that have happened since the update such as IAP's on pause menu causing crashes and 'Skip Checkpoint' button on the game over screen not working every time.

6. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

@AndrewZ Any time you have a crash be sure to save the crash report in your document software and send it in with your description of the problem when the crash occurred. Of course also send the file so support can try to recreate the crash. The more details they have the better they can help you.