Issue With Spawning An Enemy

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Cody Monahan, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Cody Monahan

Cody Monahan Boxer

Hey guys,

I'm new to buildbox and I've been working on a platformer game for a few weeks now. The goal is to be able to have enemies spawn throughout the game to chase the character. The issue I'm having is getting an enemy to spawn on any scene outside of the start scene. The whole scene works perfectly on the start scene I am able to get an enemy to spawn, chase the character, and then walk away, but I can't get it to work on any other scene. The way the scene works is that there is a block with 0 opacity and a transform logic attached that drops off the scene when the character collides that then falls onto the enemy that is just under the scene. The transform logic changes the enemies position to be at the starting point of the scene. After chasing the character the enemies runs into a transform that again changes the position of the enemy so that the enemies second animation (walk away) then appears on screen. I've copy and pasted the same exact scene in a later scene then changed the spawning location to match the current scene but enemy still doesn't spawn. I have also tried creating the same exact scene from scratch with a different enemy with no success.The only time the enemy will actually spawn is when I test just the one scene but even then the enemy spawns from the start scene instead of the desired scene. Anyone run into a similar issue or have a solution? Maybe I ran into a bug?

2. Cody Monahan

Cody Monahan Boxer

Nevermind guys I actually came up with my own solution. I decided to use just one scene for my game as this allows me to see the world distance/position coordinates instead of limiting it to the one scene. I don't believe you can spawn an enemy on a different scene because the position you'll be given will be the same position you would find in the start scene therefore modifying the position to the start scene.

3. Arav Manchanda

Arav Manchanda Boxer

Hey Cody, your game seems really awesome! I noticed that you have been having a few bugs/issues. I actually work at a company called Zigantic where we provide testing for your game from a verified panel of high school students. Please let me know if you need any play-testing! We do it for free and would be excited to help you improve your game! Thanks, Arav