I'm Bringing Everyplay Integration To Buildbox !

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by EZKad, Aug 7, 2016.

1. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Hello fellow buildboxers,

After some sleepless nights and liters of cafeine, I was finaly able to integrate everyplay to buildbox game on both Android and iOS :)

proof, here is Everyplay page of my upcoming game : https://everyplay.com/pixel-memories

The integration is not perfect, there are many hacks and dirty code in the integration, but I'm cleaning it and continuing tests.

I will provide the service in my game (Pixel memories),
    and I'll share with you a tutorial on how to integrate it in your BB games as soon as I finish a clean solution to integrate it. it'll require code editing, but I'll try to make it as simple as possible.

What do you think of such addition ? :)

trygii, bmsingha, Jamie and 6 others like this.
  2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Excuse my ignorance. But what is Everyplay?

bmsingha and Qdeveloper like this.
  3. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

it's a service allowing you to share gameplay videos with the community, it can be a good addition to bring more players.
    some of big names using it : Crossy roads, bad piggies ...etc :)

a lik is better than words :D , take a look here ===> https://everyplay.com/explore

Qdeveloper likes this.
  4. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

precision : the gameplay video is recorded right in your game and shared from the game .

Christoph and Qdeveloper like this.
  5. Simon Crack

Simon Crack Avid Boxer

Awesome!

JustWatchApps likes this.
  6. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Epic !

7. yenomeerf

yenomeerf Boxer

@EZKad Really nice. Have you tried something similar using NextPeer? I've been interested in both for some time as well.

Pixelmemories looks like a Hit. Hope the recording won't slow game play
    Thanks

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  8. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

Wow, sounds amazing - when do you think you can share how to do it ?

9. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

@yenomeerf I never heard about nextpeer I'll look into it and see if it's possible to integrate, I'm trying to find a solution to integrate most of unobstructive APIs into Buildbox games.
    by unobstructive, I mean those that don't need to be attached to the player behaviour during gameplay, because this is not possible since Buildbox runtimes are in binary format, so there is no way to interact with gameplay from code.

about the performance, Everyplay seem to have almost no impact on iOS : I tested with first generation iPad mini and it worked very well, there is a small impact when using Everyplay + banner Ad, exactly at the moment of loading Ad, sometimes there is a small lag.
    on Android devices, it depend on the device generation : with Samsung S3 it horrybly slowdown the game, on S6 there is no impact even with Everyplay+Ads. on an Xperia Z first generation, there is a small impact especially when ads are displayed.

@eyal I'll share it as soon as I have a clean solution for both Android and iOS, mostly on September because I have almost no spare time right now, I'm working 24h/24 to release my game :D
    I think that the integration will be made in two steps, I'll write two tutorials for that, first one will add a hook layer to exported buildbox code.
    then, this hook layer can be used to integrate many things like game analytics, achievements, everyplay ....etc

10. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Nice!

11. manak4u

manak4u Avid Boxer

I think we badly need a facebook API for login and leader boards. :/

12. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Already joined. Good stuff

13. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@EZKad Good job! I use Everyplay on my non-Buildbox games. Are you basically using a start game hook to begin recording and then game end to stop recording and then calling the Everyplay dialog with a video Share button on game over screen?

14. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

if you are speaking about my last tutorial then yes, this is how I'm using it in one of my games :)
    you seem faliliar with the code so I think you can implement it alone using the hook layer, if you can't, just wait for the coming tutorials I'll explain everything :)

Gregory Storm likes this.
  15. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

Sounds great, when can we expect for a tutorial release?

16. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

there are already some tutorials available (see the link in my signature)
    I'll add others in September/October
    right now I'm preparing the launch of a new game and it's taking lot of time :)

17. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@EZKad Your hooks hack is brilliant! I've added hooks to almost everything in the game. It was a piece of cake getting Everyplay working. The one issue is if you have background music on during game play, when you call the instant replay video, the game background music and the music from the replay overlap and it doesn't create a good user experience. How did you handle this issue?

18. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

I have this issue too, I tried many thing to try to mute Buildbox sound programmatically but nothing worked.
    so my current workaround is to use an empty background music in the gameover screen, so the replay background music don't overlap.

btw, there is another issue related to sound : Everyplay on Android don't record sound at all, seems that it's an incompatibility between everyplay and buildbox sound engine.

19. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

Yeah. I've been trying to shut it down programmatically but without success yet. It's fine if the player already turned off the background music. The simple solution is in Buildbox to assign a background audio file with no sound to play when the replay is activated. Then you'd have to reactivate the background music in Buildbox when the level is started. That's not the best outcome but it should work.