'if Collide' Node Not Working

Discussion in 'BBNodes' started by sjsm, May 30, 2020.

1. sjsm

sjsm Boxer

I have tried to make two games lately and with both, the 'if collide' nodes have not worked. I have made games before and they work perfectly but for some reason my new game doesn't. It is a simple game Where if you touch the rectangles at the top or bottom of the screen you die.

If collide issue.png

If you can see any problems and know how to fix it then that would be very helpful.

2. MarcG

MarcG Boxer

Can't tell much from the image, but the first thing I'd do is play with the physics settings of the two objects. Make sure something os set for both and try the different options until you get the desired effect.

3. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

Check your effected Asset. Is collision group (of the object you want to collide with) set to Enemy? (Or change effected Asset option to the the actual name of the object you want to collide with)

4. sjsm

sjsm Boxer

Thanks for the help, its working! I realised that the physics were off but I changed them and now it works!
    Thanks again!

Jackazoid likes this.
  5. Jakob Eckardt

Jakob Eckardt Boxer

Still can't get ifcollide to work, I checked the physics, my character is dynamic and the object is kinetic and set to "coin", what else could be the trigger, I have my suspicion that I am dealing with some sort of delayed recognition, bc the last frame of the subsequent animation is displayed.

6. AussieGuy0000

AussieGuy0000 Boxer

I had a similar issue with my enemy objects where the collision surface wasn't showing up in debug mode, maybe the collision code went wonky?
    I deleted the existing instances of the enemy object, created a new object and dragged a few copies into the scene editor then they started working as expected.