How you guys make your assets?

Discussion in 'Level Design' started by gsfn, Feb 5, 2016.

1. gsfn

gsfn Boxer

I wondering how u make your assets guys..because for me I am using illustrator but the graphics come as grainy..any help?

2. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

I use Photoshop and After Effects. If you're using Illustrator, you should be getting some super-clean graphics. If they're grainy in BB, are you scaling them up/over-sizing them? Best practice is to make your graphics slightly larger than you want in your game and downsize them a little (20% - 30%) in BB, so you can cater for both iPhone and iPad resolutions without any heavy artefacts.

Ishamahes likes this.
  3. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

The cons for downsampling is that it can affect performance. Spritebuilder had an awesome feature that it took a 4x resolution image and then when exporting it created 4x, 2x, and 1x versions to have a stunning quality on all devices (it automatically loaded the right one, no downsizing runtime)

Ishamahes likes this.
  4. gsfn

gsfn Boxer

It is weird..I wanted the image ot be pretty small but the black outline went all grainy in BB. THe Graphics itself were incredible but they were too big..so when I scaled htem they looked graniy